cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Rufund with cash not working

I am trying to do a refund.  I filled out everything and clicked issue a refund, however the "issue a refund window"  is not coming up.  Instead it just pops up a window that says "Bank account not created"  and says I can't use a check since the bank info is not set up.  I don't want to refund with a check, I want to do cash, but does not give me that option.  Anyone know how to fix this?

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Rufund with cash not working

There's probably a damaged or corrupted program component that's causing the issue, Genogoth.

Let's try running the Verify and Rebuild tool to know why the window to process a refund is not opening in QuickBooks. This tool will find what's causing this behavior and will give you the steps to fix it.

Here's how:

1. Click Windows at the top, and select Close All.
  2. To Verify the data file, click File Utilities Verify Data.
  3. To Rebuild the data file, click File Utilities Rebuild Data.
  4. Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed.
  5. Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage (follow step 2).
  6. If there are additional damages, you'll have to manually fix them. Locate the error within the qbwin.log and search for a resolution at the QuickBooks Desktop Support site (or enter the error by replying to this thread so I can give you the troubleshooting steps).
  7. If your error cannot be found, you can try restoring a recent backup. Choose File Restore. Make sure that you do not overwrite your existing company file. Any information entered in the company file since the backup was created must be manually reentered after you restore.

After trying out these steps, create a refund again.

Please keep me posted if you have additional questions on this. I'll be around to help you further.

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Rufund with cash not working

For this: "I want to do cash, but does not give me that option."

You are supposed to be tracking Cash by using a Bank Type of account in your account list. That's how you manage cash flowing in and out.