Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor *
Solved

Select service from dropdown list on sales receipt

Hi,

I have several services defined in my Products and Services list.  Is there a way to set this up so that they show up in a drop down list for the line items in a Sales Receipt? For example, if I click in the Description field of item #1, it would show me a list of my defined services from which I could select one?

I was able to do this when using QB Desktop.  Seems there should be a way in the Online version but it isn't obvious to me.  If not, what is the value in defining the services in the list?

Thanks.

Best answer 05-07-2019 06:27 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Select service from dropdown list on sales receipt

Thanks for getting back, MMLA.

You'll need to tun on the Product/Service column to show the drop-down of the products or services so you can select one when creating sales forms. Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Gear icon and select Account and Settings.
  2. Select Sales from the left menu.
  3. From the Products and services section, select the pencil (edit) icon to edit it.
  4. Check the Show Product/Service column on sales forms box.
  5. Hit Save and Done.

sales.PNG

Once done, create a sales receipt or any sales form. It should now show you the drop-down list of product or services.

That's it! Please let me know if you have other concerns.

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

No, you have to use the item name to look up the item

Frequent Contributor *

Thank you Rustler for the response. Though I'm not too happy with the response as it will substantially add to the time it's going to take for me to enter hundreds of receipts.

But I am still confused. Once I'm on the receipt page, it is not clear how I can "look up the item".

The form has line item fields for Service Date, Description, Qty, etc.  I had at least hoped that once I started typing into the Description field that it would do the lookup, but no such luck.  How can I do the lookup and get it on the line item?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor *

I believe I just found the answer myself.

Under Settings/Sales you can customize your receipt form. In the section labeled "Products and Services" , click on the pencil icon to edit. Turn on the check box "Show Product/Service column on sales forms".  This results in exactly what I was looking for.  A column on the Sales Receipt form labeled "Product/Service", which gives you a drop-down list of your services to select from.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back, MMLA.

You'll need to tun on the Product/Service column to show the drop-down of the products or services so you can select one when creating sales forms. Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Gear icon and select Account and Settings.
  2. Select Sales from the left menu.
  3. From the Products and services section, select the pencil (edit) icon to edit it.
  4. Check the Show Product/Service column on sales forms box.
  5. Hit Save and Done.

sales.PNG

Once done, create a sales receipt or any sales form. It should now show you the drop-down list of product or services.

That's it! Please let me know if you have other concerns.