cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmartt
Level 1

Sent invoices in Pro 2017 not showing up in sent folder of outlook 2013

when i email invoices to customers in pro 2017, they do not show up as sent in the outlook 2013 sent folder, as my previous quickbooks accountant 2013 did. 

it is important for support when a customer questions whether or not i emailed them an invoice. i have already checked the save sent emails in sent folder in outlook 2013 options/mail so that is  not a solution. 

Solved
Best answer August 14, 2018

Best Answers
MichelleT

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the QuickBooks Community. I’m here to help ensure the sent invoices show up in the sent folder in Outlook and Yahoo Mail.

Let’s see if your Outlook profile is set up to save copies of sent messages, @asmartt and @alc. See the steps below:

1.    Open Outlook.
2.    Go to the File menu.
3.    Choose Options.
4.    Select Mail.
5.    If the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box already checked, let’s clear it and exit out of Outlook.
6.    Once done, follow steps 1-4.
7.    Then, go back to the Save messages section and check the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box.
8.    Hit OK.

I’ll walk you through performing the same steps in Yahoo Mail, @Clin8596:

1.    Log in to your account.
2.    Pick Options.
3.    Select More Options.
4.    Click the General tab.
5.    Check the Save a copy of the message in the Sent Folder box.

Now you can try sending invoices via QuickBooks to see if they appear in your mail account.

If the sent transactions are still not showing, you need to make sure the Server Name and Port for Yahoo are set up correctly in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here’s how:

1.    Click the Edit menu.
2.    Choose Preferences.
3.    Pick Send Forms, then go to My Preferences tab.
4.    Select the email id and click Edit.

Here's the Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop article to view the list of SMTP servers and ports.

If none of the steps work, I recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check how they handle outgoing messages. There might be some settings they need to configure to allow the sent data from QuickBooks to automatically appear in the Sent Items folder.

Don’t hesitate to let me know how things go with QuickBooks. Have a great day.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Graceman
Level 2

Check to make sure you have the correct settings for Outlook and rememeber the settings are different if Pop3 or Imap.

alc
Level 1

I'm also having same problem

Clin8596
Level 1

I am having the same problem with yahoo. Anyone find a solution yet? Cant view any of the invoices I have sent out

MichelleT

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the QuickBooks Community. I’m here to help ensure the sent invoices show up in the sent folder in Outlook and Yahoo Mail.

Let’s see if your Outlook profile is set up to save copies of sent messages, @asmartt and @alc. See the steps below:

1.    Open Outlook.
2.    Go to the File menu.
3.    Choose Options.
4.    Select Mail.
5.    If the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box already checked, let’s clear it and exit out of Outlook.
6.    Once done, follow steps 1-4.
7.    Then, go back to the Save messages section and check the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box.
8.    Hit OK.

I’ll walk you through performing the same steps in Yahoo Mail, @Clin8596:

1.    Log in to your account.
2.    Pick Options.
3.    Select More Options.
4.    Click the General tab.
5.    Check the Save a copy of the message in the Sent Folder box.

Now you can try sending invoices via QuickBooks to see if they appear in your mail account.

If the sent transactions are still not showing, you need to make sure the Server Name and Port for Yahoo are set up correctly in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here’s how:

1.    Click the Edit menu.
2.    Choose Preferences.
3.    Pick Send Forms, then go to My Preferences tab.
4.    Select the email id and click Edit.

Here's the Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop article to view the list of SMTP servers and ports.

If none of the steps work, I recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check how they handle outgoing messages. There might be some settings they need to configure to allow the sent data from QuickBooks to automatically appear in the Sent Items folder.

Don’t hesitate to let me know how things go with QuickBooks. Have a great day.

Harrington3515
Level 1

Can you provide instructions using a Dreamhost email account that is forwarded to my gmail account?  I would like to be able to see the attachement in my sent items folder in gmail. Thx!

Randdmack
Level 1

I have Microsoft 365 and am having the same problem with sent estimates created in QB showing up in the sent folder for Outlook.  All other sent messages created outside of QB show up in the Sent folder.  The "Save Copies of Messages in the Sent items folder" is checked... obviously.  (Were it not other emails sent outside of QB wouldn't be showing up there. 

Rose-A

Thanks for looping in, Randdmack.

I'm here to help and get you pointed in the right direction.

If you already tried out the steps above provided by my colleague, I recommend reaching out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support. They have the specific tools to check your QuickBooks settings in a secure environment.

All personal information related concern needs to be directed to our phone support for security purposes.

To reach us, please follow these steps:

1. Within your QuickBooks Desktop, click Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Contact us.
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have. Give a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
  4. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

You may find these articles helpful: 

Drop me a line below if you have any other concerns about sending invoices in QuickBooks Desktop. Have a good one.

Craig_Albert
Level 2

I don't see how you mark this as "solved".  Everybody knows that it isn't solved.

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi @Craig_Albert,

May I ask what email provider are you using? I would also appreciate it if you could send us details about the issue after following the steps provided by my colleague @MichelleT. This way, we can narrow down the issue and find a solution from there.

We also have a guide on Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Port Information that I'm sure you'll find helpful.

I'll be on the lookout for your response. Please know that we're always here to lend a hand. Thanks for dropping by and I wish you have a great day ahead.

Craig_Albert
Level 2

Again, this response shows how out-of-touch QB/Intuit is.  As everyone on this and on other threads has made clear, it has nothing to do with the ISP and port.  The reason I know that is because I can set up QB to mail through webmail just fine.  I and everyone else in this thread are telling you that we can't use the desktop version of Outlook as the interface for sending our forms.  In other words, when you go to the screen in QB for setting up email, there's a choice for Webmail providers, there's a choice for Intuit's email server, but there's no choice to use Outlook on the desktop.  It's supposed to be there; it's not there. 

Setting this up via webmail is bad because generic webmail just sends a message through an SMTP port, and it does not save the message to any "sent items" folder.  So, that workaround does not keep a record of what invoices were actually sent. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us