cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Split large deposit of cash and checks to cash sales and multiple invoices

I've read the multiple topics about splitting deposits among multiple invoices but that still has not helped me. I have a deposit which is $3000, 500 of which was cash 2500 was checks for multiple invoices. I accepted payment for the invoices with a total of 2500. When I go to match the deposit with the invoices I can't match to the invoices and send the 500 as cash sales to its individual account. If I try to match the invoices and save it give me

"Something’s not quite right-

The selected and downloaded transaction amounts don’t match. To continue, resolve the difference."
I've tried transferring to Undeposited Funds but the amount is already deposited in the bank and can't be transferred out. 

Any suggestions? Other than deposit checks for invoices individually and separate from cash deposits? (Which I'm going to do in the future)
3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Split large deposit of cash and checks to cash sales and multiple invoices

Hey there, BeerOutside.

Thanks for letting us know the steps you’ve taken to resolve the issue.  I’ll help you get past the error so you’re able to match the payments to multiple invoices.

To fix this, you’ll have to open the $2500 check in the For Review screen and manually enter the amount for each invoices associated to the payment. While the remaining $500 cash, go back to the For Review page and match the fund to the correct invoice.

For detailed information, click on this link and go directly to the Find matching transactions section.

Please keep me posted on whether or not this help. I’ll be on a look out for your response.

Experienced Member

I'm having the same challenge.....but I'm not sure I follow the reply here.  For the remaining $500 cash in this scenario, there would not be an invoice to match it to, correct?  So they what do you do? 

Thanks! 

Allison

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @allisontmease.

Please allow me to help match the transactions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

To match the transactions, you may need to receive the payment of the invoice amounting to $2500 with Check as the payment method and deposit the amount. After, receive the payment amounting to $500 with Cash as the payment method and deposit the payment.

Once done, you can now match the transactions individually. 

To learn more about matching transactions in QBO, you can check this article: Add and match downloaded banking transactions.

You can always add a post/comment below if you have any other questions about matching transactions in QBO. I'll be happy to help you!