cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Use and customize form templates

Hello,

I created new style template for invoice, with new fields to be entered and removed existing fields that I do not need. However, when I started creating new invoice, I could not find how I can enter these new fields I created, I see the invoice creation is the same whether using standard QB template or customized template! can somebody help me how I can enter the new fields I created for new style template. Thanks 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Use and customize form templates

Thank you for posting here on the Community page, @SaidZ.

When customizing/modifying your template, please ensure to put a check-mark on the filed you want to show when creating invoice/s so the field will reflect and you can enter information on the Invoice page. I'm here to help guide you on how.

To add the field to your invoice template:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Select Custom Form Styles under Your Company.
  3. Select your template and click on Edit.
  4. Go to the Content column.
  5. Click on the upper portion of the Preview page.
  6. Check the field you want to display under the Display column.
  7. Click on Done.j5 1.PNG

Once completed, you can now use/enter information on the field added.j5 2.PNG

For further details, you may check this article: How to customize invoices, estimates, and sales receipts.

In addition, you may also check our help articles for your future reference: Help articles for QBO.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about customizing template in QBO. I'll be always here to help you.

Experienced Member

Hello Angelyn

Thank you for the guidance, I tried to follow your steps but again I am stuck with one step which is "Select your template and click on Edit.”, in the template I created it show preview PDF there is no EDIT??? I have attached the snapshot, please advise. Thanks

Best Regards
Said Zerarka
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, SaidZ.

The option to edit an imported template in the Custom form styles page is unavailable. However, you can create a new template style in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Here's how:

1. Click Gear on the top menu.
  2. Choose Custom Form Styles.
  3. Click the New style drop-down button and choose Invoice, Estimate, or Sales receipt.
  4. Then, customize the template by going to Design, Content, Emails, and Payments tab.
  5. Click Done.

For more details about customizing form template, you may check this article: How to customize invoices, estimates, and sales receipts.

You can also use a DOCX format from Word to import your favorite form styles into QBO. Just follow the steps and details in this article: Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates.

Please reply to this thread if you have more questions. I'd be glad to help.