cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Using Send Forms to email invoices through gmail

Yesterday I sent a batch of invoices out and had something happen that has never happened before.  The first 2 customers did not have an email sent out - but the following 10 received emails but with the wrong invoices attached.  Say cust 1 was to get invoice 100, cust 2 - 101, cust 3 should have received 103 but they received 100 - subject line noted correct invoice but the incorrect invoice was attached.  I have used utilities and qb found no problems - any idea?  I don't trust it anymore so my invoicing procedure is going to be doubled as I'll need to send each individually.

The next 70 went out fine - it was just the first batch of 12 that did not go properly.

Thanks!

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Using Send Forms to email invoices through gmail

Hi there, @tadoerr.

Thanks for bringing this concern to my attention. I'm here to help share some more steps to get this email issues when sending invoices sorted out. 

Running the QuickBooks File doctor is a resort to help fix company file issues like this. However, if the problem continues after performing this process, then we can try repairing your QuickBooks to isolate program-related issues.

To do that:

1. Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
  2. Create a backup copy for your company file.
  3. Select Start and then Control Panel.
  4. Select Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program.
  5. Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and choose Uninstall/Change.
  6. Select Continue, then Next.
  7. Select Repair then Next. Wait for the Repair to complete.
  8. Choose Finish. Restart your computer if prompted.

Once done, make sure to download the latest QuickBooks release and the latest payroll tax table when you open QuickBooks.

For more details about process, please check out this article: Fix QuickBooks Desktop.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the necessary tool that can help verify what's causing the issue.

That should do it!

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around to help if you have any other questions with this concern or QuickBooks. Have a great day!

Established Member

Re: Using Send Forms to email invoices through gmail

Thanks!  It didn't find anything, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Have a  great rest of the week!