cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Vendor Bills

Some of my suppliers show different amount on the suppliers tab than the amount when i make payment or when i check their balance in the Suppliers details Report Arous EL Baher 01.JPGArous EL Baher 02.JPG

7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Vendor Bills

Thanks for providing the screenshot, GWE1.

Aside from using the Suppliers Details report, let's try running the Accounts payable aging detail report. 

Here's how:

1. Click Reports on the left side menu.
  2. Enter Accounts payable aging detail in the Find report by name section.
  3. Click the Customize tab.
  4. Manually adjust the Report period.
  5. Click Filter.
  6. Click Vendor, choose the name of the supplier.
  7. Click Run report.

Then, check if the amount matches from your report into the Supplier's tab. If not, you can review the vendors' bills and payments transactions if there are correct, modified or changed. 

For more details about the Aging report, you can check out this article: How to get your Aging Reports to match.

Please reply to this post if you have additional questions. 

Highlighted
Experienced Member

Thank you for your replay,

but it doesn't solve the fact that the Open Balance 3,252.58 written on the suppler is wrong it should be 3,135.33 even when i make Payment it shows the correct amount on how much i should actually pay, and when i pay all due bills it shows the deference like screenshot below and in the report you mentioned it shows no data.

This problem happens for couple of suppliers not just one 

Community Manager

Hello GWE1,

Thanks for coming back.

As I've checked the screenshots, the amount on some bill payments (cheque) are larger than the actual bill. That's the reason there's a discrepancy on the vendor balance. For example, the Bill on 17/09/2018 for 2,416.99, the applied payment was 2,417.00. The overpayment will be carry over to to next bill. 

There's no need to make some changes unless the transactions are incorrectly entered.

If you have more questions, please let us know. 

Experienced Member

Thanks for the quick replay,

but i'm asking about the 117.25 that is written on the top right they are not due bills or amount i overpaid and they don't show up on any report or when i make bill payment.

QuickBooks Team

Hello Gwe1

The usual reason why there would show an open amount but no overdue amount would  be if there is an unapplied payment or credit note.

The easiest way to check this is to click into that supplier and to the right of the word action there is a cog,if you click on that you can see some columns to tick,if you put a tick in the status column and then click the cog again to close that pop up. You should be able to see a transaction for that amount that shows unapplied in the status column. That should be the transaction that is causing the discrepancy.

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

Emma

Experienced Member

Hi  EmmaM

i did as you asked and as you can see from the attached PDF They are all Applied 

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for sharing your screenshots, GWE1. 

I looked into the attached screenshots and can see that bills and its payments are applied. In this regard, I recommend reaching out to our email support team. They can look into your transactions created and will help you fix it. 

Here's how: 

1. Go this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en/contact
  2. Click on the hyplerlinked Managing Your Money and then Supplier Bills & Bill Payments.
  3. Scroll down to the page and click Send Email.

Always know the Community is always around to help you with your questions.