cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Vendor Payments

My Vendor bills doesnt move out of Vendor aging report even after clearing and attaching the payments to those bills.

9 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Vendor Payments

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @Bluestar_2.

I'm here to help share information about paid bills showing under the Accounts Payable Aging Summary report.

In QuickBooks Online (QBO), paid bills show under the A/P Aging Summary report, when the date of the payment is not the same with the date of the bill itself.

If you wish remove those bills in the future, you can pay your bills by opening the report first.

1. On the reports page, click the the amount beside the customer.
  2. It will then route you to the A/P Aging Detail report, take note the transaction/s under the report and click on the open balance.
  3. You will the be routed to the bill itself, click Make Payment and select the bill/transactions under the A/P Aging Detail report.
  4. Click Save and close.

Re-open the report and the bill/s were removed from the report.

Don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other concerns, I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

Established Member

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to this issue. The bill date will always be ahead of the payment date, as we release the funds in NET 30 or NET 45 and so on. 

Moreover, we schedule multiple payments together thru our bank ACH. I'll not be able to attach those multiple payments by opening the bills individually. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Bluestar_2.

You will need to open the bills individually to attach multiple payments. 

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. Thanks. 

Senior Explorer *

Hello,

I ran an AP aging report and as I investigate, I noticed some of the payments were matched/applied to different vendor. How do I undo this and match/apply to the correct vendor?

Thanks,

Rosa

QuickBooks Team

Great to see you here today, @Rbueno,

Thanks for joining the conversation. I can add a bit more information about unmatching the payments applied to a wrong vendor.

You have the option to unlink the payment then apply it to the correct vendor. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. On the A/P Aging Detail report, click the bill with the incorrect payment.
  2. On the bill, click the payment made link below the Make payment button.
  3. Click the Date link of the payment.
    bill.PNG
  4. You can void or delete the payment by clicking More at the bottom of the bill payment.
  5. Once done, open the correct bill and click Make Payment.

You may want to check this article to know more about paying bills in QuickBooks Desktop: Pay bills in QuickBooks Online

That should rectify the bill payment issue you're getting, @Rbueno.

Please get in touch with me again if you need help with QuickBooks. I'll be more than happy extend a helping hand whenever you need me

Senior Explorer *

Thanks for responding Jen. I forgot to mention this is in Quickbooks Online.

QuickBooks Team

Welcome back, @Rbueno,

Thanks for updating me about the product you're using.

I've already updated the steps so you can complete your work. You might want to check my answer again and let me know how it goes for you.

Should you need further help, please let me know immediately. You got me here to help you out. All the best!

Senior Explorer *

Thank You!

I have another situation that maybe you can help me with.

I had two transactions, one an ACH payment to Amex and another as a credit card credit to Amex (same amount). When the ACH transaction was added, it was added as a transfer rather than being matched. This duplicated the transaction, overstating the checking account. I tried voiding it, but it affected my beginning balance by that amount. I don't know what to do, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

QuickBooks Team

Welcome back, @Rbueno,

I'll be happy to share some information on how to correct your overstated checking account.

Since the bank transaction created a duplicate entry on your register, you have the option to undo the transfer. This way, we can match the transaction correctly with the payment transaction in QuickBooks. Here are the steps you need to do:

Step 1: Undo the Transfer

1. Go to the Banking menu.
  2. Click the Reviewed section to see the transactions that were already added in QuickBooks.
  3. Mark the tick box beside the Transfer if you need to undo multiple transactions.
  4. Click the Undo button then Continue.

Step 2: Match the bank transaction to the correct payment.

1. In the For Review tab of the Banking page, locate the bank transaction you have undone.
  2. Click the Match link in the action column.
  3. If you're not seeing the Match option, click the transaction manually and click the Match radio button. To search for the payment to match, click Find other records.
  4. Click Match.

That should fix your bank balance, @Rbueno. To know more about the process, please check out this article: Add and match downloaded banking transactions

Let me know if you have any questions with the process. I'll keep an eye on this post for you. Have a good one!