cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camp K9
Level 1

What does 'Declined - Credit Floor' mean?

A customer's credit card was declined and the reason given was "Declined - Credit Floor".  What does that mean?

3 Comments 3
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Camp K9.

Glad you've reached out to the Community. I'd be pleased to provide you with some details about the credit card that was declined in Merchant Services.

There are various reasons why a card may be declined, such as special characters in an address or required voice verification. Here's an article that contains more insights about why your customer's credit card is declined: Credit card declined for QuickBooks Online subscription.

However, if you're still unable to process the credit card transaction after following the solutions listed in the article, I recommend getting in touch with our Merchant Services Team. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and assist with determining why the credit card was declined.

Don't hesitate to reach back out to me if you have any other questions about this concern or with QuickBooks. I'll be here to provide assistance. Have a good one!

Camp K9
Level 1

That you for your reponse BettyJaneB, however, I'm trying to find out what the 'Credit Floor' part of the status means.  I have had customers charges declined before, but never with this status.  The reason that I'm asking is that my customer's card was actually charged the invoice - actually twice since my employee ran the card twice before asking for a different card.  In addition, his account was debited the amount, but my Merchant Account was not credited.  I'm trying to find out how I can either my customer credited or have the amount posted into my merchant account.

RaymondJayO

Hello there, @Camp K9

Allow me to step in for a moment and share additional insights about the error you're getting when processing credit card payments. 

As mentioned by my peer above, there are various factors why a credit card may be declined. You might have reached the credit limit when accepting customer payments, which is why you're getting the "Declined - Credit Floor" error. I'm also adding this article to learn more about the possible reasons why credit cards get declined

To check the status of your customer's payment, this process needs pulling up your account. Since we value data security, I'd suggest reaching out to our QuickBooks Payments Team. They can double-check about the decline error and verify if your customer has been charged twice. They can also review your monthly processing limits and provide ways on how to correct the declined payment. You can contact them through the link provided by my colleague above. 

Keep in touch with me on how it goes after contacting our support team, @Camp K9

I'm always here to help if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us