cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Wondering why annual subscription costs so much?

Why does my annual subscription cost so much, I've talked to other people and they say their annual subscription is $400.?

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Wondering why annual subscription costs so much?

Depends on what version of desktop you have. You did not say, Nor did you say if $400 was higher or lower than what you pay.  Payroll is always extra cost. Pro as an annual subscription is $299.95 at full list, same price as non-Plus version that is good fro 3 years. https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/pro/

Premier PLus is $499.95 https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/pro/ 

Do you have multi-user where each license is a multiple of base pricing?

Experienced Member

They tried to charge me $720 for the year!!! Glad my card was expired!!!  WTH????? Going on chat or calling in the morning!!!  What a waste of my time!!!!!!!

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining this thread, ETTreas.

Every penny counts when running a business so I want to make sure you're only paying for what you need. In regard to the charge, we’ll have to collect personal details to verify the account.

We’re unable to perform them here in the Community since the safety of your information always comes first. I recommend you get in touch with our Technical Support Team.

They can view your billing information in a secure environment and explain in details about the charge. To save business time, you can reach our support team via chat or the call back process.

Here’s how:

1. In your company file, go to the Help menu located at the top.
  2. At the bottom of the page, click on the Contact us link.
  3. Input the issue/topic in the field and click Search.
  4. Choose how you want to connect with us: Start messaging or Get a callback.

This should point you in the right direction. Keep me posted how it goes after reaching out to our support team. I want to make sure this is taken care of.

Established Community Backer ***

@ETTreas wrote:

They tried to charge me $720 for the year!!! Glad my card was expired!!!  WTH????? Going on chat or calling in the morning!!!  What a waste of my time!!!!!!!

For Pro Desktop with enhanced 3 company unlimited employees and no monthly fees and including "free" newest version of QB each year I paid $795 back in January. Depending on what you have and use $720 could be accurate.  

$720 also happens to be the list price for 12 monthly payments for QBO Plus and with th erecent price increase to $70/month I saw then $720 as an annual payment is a discount.

ALthough you tagged your quet as Desktop you never did say which version of desktop you have or if you even have desktop but QBO instead, for which there are currently 4 versions ranging from $20 to $150 per month. A $400 example might be Essentials at $40/month