cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

ever since i swithched to QB Online I have credits for vendors that aren't real. does anyone else have this problem?

I have credits to a vendor that I haven't put in and are not real so I can't use them. So when I flag invoices for payment I have to delete the credit to issue a payment for the correct amount. Does anyone else have this problem?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: ever since i swithched to QB Online I have credits for vendors that aren't real. does anyone ...

Hi there, @ruglady3010.

This usually happens when you convert your data to QuickBooks Online. Since it came from a different file type, some transactions are converted on a different way. To fix this, let's figure out what are those transactions and account it properly.

Let's open the original file and locate those transactions. If they are not really true vendor credits or not a valid transaction, you can proceed with deleting or voiding it.

To void:

1. Find and open the transaction.
  2. Select More, then choose Void or Delete. (Note: For time activity transactions, you don't have to select More since the Delete Button is readily available).
  3. Select Yes to confirm.

You can also read this article for more information on how to void or delete an invoice or other transactions.

Also, there are some limitations when converting data to QBO. To know more about this information, I'm attaching this article for your reference: Limitations of Moving Data to QuickBooks Online from Other Software.

For additional insights, you may check this article:

What Data Doesn't Convert from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.

You can always visit us here in the Community in case you have other questions. Have a nice day!