cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

online bill fee

Recently when I sent an invoice I got a pop up message about quickbooks charging the customer the processing fee for credit cards or bank transfers. I didn't look at it then because I didn't want to start with customers we already had contracts out with. I tried to find information on it but cant seem to find it anywhere. Can some one point me in the right direction to set it up?

Thank you 

3 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: online bill fee

Hello Bergens,

I can walk you through the steps in setting up the processing fee.

You'll want to add the payment feature first to get you started. Please refer to this support article for more information: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/.

ACH bank transfers are free in QuickBooks, but there is a charge 2.9% for invoiced cards, plus $0.25 per transaction. Also, every credit card transaction has a charged.

To record the credit card fee:

1. Create a customer invoice.
  2. Receive the payment.
  3. Enter a bank deposit to relieve the balance from the Undeposited Funds account to the bank account. Please see screenshot below.

You might want to check out this article for your reference: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Credit Card Fees.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post. We're always here for you.

Experienced Member

On the pop up it said that I would send the invoice like normal and quickbooks would calculate the fee and add it on for the customer.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, Bergens.

Let me help share some additional information about the online bill fee and guide you to the right support.

In addition to what my colleague discussed, QuickBooks Online (QBO) is using the Online Bill Pay feature powered by Bill.com which makes the payment easier within QBO. When processing transactions, there will be a specific amount for the fee that you need to pay which calculates by QuickBooks Bill Pay. 

To further provide you the additional information on how they calculate the fees, I encourage you to contact the QuickBooks Bill Pay Support. 

You can contact our customer support through this link: QuickBooks Bill Pay

For additional reference, you can check these articles:

Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other questions about the online bill pay. Wishing you and your business continued success.