cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

quick books desktop-Link Payment Service to Company File, the in product guide will not come up

Hello, 

I have been trying to link my quickbooks payment service to my company file.

As instructed I updated my file.  Go to Customers and then Link Payment to Customer File.  

I receive this message.  "Somethings not right please try again later"  What options do I have?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: quick books desktop-Link Payment Service to Company File, the in product guide will not come up

You've come to the right place, Baills.

I'd be happy to provide the options that'll help link your Payment Service account to QuickBooks.

Based on the situation you've mentioned, it appears to be that QuickBooks is unable to connect with your Internet Explorer. Just a gentle reminder, regardless of your default browser, QuickBooks is designed to always use your Internet Explorer when using features like QuickBooks Payments.

That being said, it would be a good idea to add Intuit as one of the Trusted Sites of your Internet Explorer. Here's how:

1. Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right.
  2. Select Internet options.
  3. Go to the Security tab.
  4. Select Trusted Sites and then click the Sites button.
  5. In the Add this website to the zone field, enter https://*.intuit.com and click Add. Repeat this step for https://*.quickbooks.com.
  6. Click Close and then OK to close the Internet Options window.
  7. Restart Internet Explorer to apply the changes.

For additional insight on how to handle errors like this, I'm also including this article: Problem accessing Payments features from within QuickBooks

That should get you going in the right direction. Let me know if you need more help connecting your account. I've always got your back.

Highlighted
Super Explorer *

Re: quick books desktop-Link Payment Service to Company File, the in product guide will not come up

I am having the same issue, however, before trying to get the file linked, I would like to understand what it is exactly that QB is doing with the way we process credit cards. What is it we're linking, exactly, and how does it change the process?

Thanks for joining this conversation, MonicaG.

Let me share some insights with linking Merchant Services into QuickBooks Desktop.

Connecting a payment account to your QuickBooks company allows to you send invoices that will be deposited directly into your bank account. Then, you should be able to access the Merchant Service Deposits screen in QuickBooks.

You can also download the deposits and fees. That said, it should be easier for you to record, match and track merchant transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.

If you're ready to link your Merchant Account to QuickBooks Desktop, please follow the steps I've laid out below:

1. Open QuickBooks.
  2. Select Customers at the top menu bar, then choose Link Payment Service to Company File (check out the screenshot below).
  3. Enter the User ID and Password that you created when signing up and select Link Service.
  4. Click Transfer.
  5. When prompted, confirm the transfer of your service by clicking Yes, transfer.

image.png

I'm including some articles for future reference:

These resources should get you in the right direction. If you have other questions about Merchant or QuickBooks, I'm happy to answer it. Just post it here as a comment and I'll take a look at it. Enjoy your week.