cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Explorer **

vendor invoice was post it under wrong expense account. How to I fix this to the correct expense account?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: vendor invoice was post it under wrong expense account. How to I fix this to the correct expe...

Good day, @geylicio.

It’s nice to see you in the Community. I’m here to walk you through the steps to change the posting expense account for your vendor transaction in QuickBooks Desktop.

You need to locate the transaction and open it to make the correction. Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Vendor menu and select Vendor Center.
  2. Select the vendor name.
  3. From the Transactions tab, select the transaction to open it.
  4. Once it opens, click the Expenses tab and change the posting account.
  5. Hit Save & Close.

However, if you’re referring to the assigned expense account of an item used on your transactions, follow the steps below to change it.

1. Go to the Lists menu and select Item List.
  2. Double-click the item to open it.
  3. On the Expense Account drop-down, select the correct posting account. 
  4. Hit OK to save the changes.

Here’s an article for more information: Add, edit and delete items.

This should get you back in line. Always know that you can count on me if you have any additional questions. Take care and have a pleasant day ahead!

Senior Explorer **

Re: vendor invoice was post it under wrong expense account. How do I fix this to the correct expe...

Hello Kim

Thanks you for you respond...

Can I do this only for current month?

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: vendor invoice was post it under wrong expense account. How do I fix this to the correct expe...

Hello, @geylicio.

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m here to provide some clarification about the changes made on your vendor transactions.

If you wish to only update the posting expense account of your current transactions, you can do so. However, please remember that to ensure accurate recording of your books, it's best to change all those that are incorrect.

On the other hand, changing the assigned account on an item automatically updates all your transactions associated with it.

Please refer to the same steps and articles I've shared above.

That should do it. I'm always here if you need anything else. Have a good one!