cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Error: CMN.ATO.AS.EM054 - Enter a Branch for the ABN or TFN you have provided

I have received this message "We encountered an error while processing the request. Error: CMN.ATO.AS.EM054 - Enter a Branch for the ABN or TFN you have provided" when trying to connect to the ATO.  I do not know where to enter the Branch for the ABN.

Thank you

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Error: CMN.ATO.AS.EM054 - Enter a Branch for the ABN or TFN you have provided

Hi Andrea64, 

This message usually appears where a business has multiple employing entities set up and the identical ABN is used for two or more of these entities. The ATO deems this as a duplicate lodgement and will hence cause the lodgement to fail. 

Here is a more detailed article about this error and how it can be rectified. 

https://support.yourpayroll.com.au/hc/en-au/articles/360000307336-STP-Resolving-Common-Issues

Experienced Member

Re: Error: CMN.ATO.AS.EM054 - Enter a Branch for the ABN or TFN you have provided

Thanks Joey but the business is does not have multiple employing entities it only has one, so your explanation cannot be the reason.  I have setup STP okay and is working.  I think the branch number relates to the Business Activity Statement.  The normal BAS has a number 001, we also lodge CAS (Consolidated Activity Statement) which as a number 002.  With other entities using Xero I had to add the 002 as the Branch number but I cannot find where you can do this in QB.  There is nothing in settings.  Please see attached screen shots., Thanks Andrea

QuickBooks Team

Hi Andrea64, 

I have done further research and I could not find this particular error on ATO's table of general errors. Kindly contact our payroll experts via support@yourpayroll.com.au so this will be looked into in a timely manner. 

Please add the following details to your email: 

•        Business name and ABN & CID
•        Affected employee/s (if any)
•        Affected pay run/s (if any)
•        The username they use to access payroll (please do not send your password)
•        A screenshot of the issue or error page you are seeing, if appropriate
•        Any additional details that may assist in helping our investigations

Experienced Member

Hi Joey

This is not a Payroll or STP issue.  I received this QB error message when trying to Connect to the ATO to lodge my BAS.  If QB generated the error code then QB must know how to fix the error.

QuickBooks Team

Hi Andrea, 

Thank you for providing me with more information on this issue. I did a research on this and I found that more than 1 ICA( integrated client accounts) with ATO, is considered as "Branches" . We do not currently support this setup. Customers with branches under their ABN will not be able to use eLodgement yet. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.