cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedric-hemmert
Level 1

When I lodge a Pay event to ATO I get: "An error occurred lodging Pay Event Error: SBR.GEN.AUTH.006" What service provider to chose in ATO? What software ID?

1 Comment 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

When I lodge a Pay event to ATO I get: "An error occurred lodging Pay Event Error: SBR.GEN.AUTH.006" What service provider to chose in ATO? What software ID?

Welcome to the Online Community, cedric-hemmert.

I want to ensure you can lodge a pay event to the ATO seamlessly.

This error indicates that you didn’t nominate the software provider to send secure transmissions online. To move past the issue, you can either contact the ATO or log in to your Access Manager and link the software to each ABN.

To authorise via ATO Access Manager:

1. In your browser, enter this link: https://am.ato.gov.au/.
  2. Log in to the ATO Access Manager using your AUSkey or myGov account.
  3. Choose My Hosted SBR Software Services on the left panel.
  4. Click Notify the ATO of your hosted service.
  5. Select Exactor* from the list of software service providers.
  6. Type in your software ID which can be found in QuickBooks inside the Connect to the ATO screen, then click Next.
  7. Review the information.
  8. Click Save.
  9. Log back into your company, then mark the box for I've set up the ATO connection.
  10. Click on Next.

For more in-depth information, you can refer to the Enable BAS E-lodgement for QuickBooks article.

That should get you on the right path. Keep me posted on if you're able to successfully surpass the error message. I'll be right here if you need further assistance.