cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neil-hodgson
Level 1

Need help to setup Employees & Payroll in QBO for the first time. KEYPAY is enabled and employees loaded in QBO but they are not visible in Employees tab. How do I link?

6 Comments 6
Kristine Mae

Need help to setup Employees & Payroll in QBO for the first time. KEYPAY is enabled and employees loaded in QBO but they are not visible in Employees tab. How do I link?

I'll help you link your employees to QBO, Neil-hodgson.

Once you add your employees through importing, they should show on the EMPLOYEE tab (Refer to my screenshot below). In your case, let's try to refresh the system by pressing F5 on your keyboard. 

If the employees are still not showing, this is probably a cache issue. To isolate this, let's open QuickBooks Online using an incognito window. From there, check if you're able to view the employees. If you see them, go back to your main browser, then clear the cache. We advise users to clear the cache every now and then. This will prevent the program to behave differently.

On the other hand, using a different web browser fixes issues like this (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox).

If ever you encounter any snags or you need more of our help, you can always get back to this thread. 

neil-hodgson
Level 1

Hi Kristine,

Many thanks for your suggestions, but unfortunately none have worked (F5 refresh, clear cache, different browser). Note: I use Chrome normally but tried Firefox.

Odyssey Accountants migrated my data from Reckon Accounts desktop and we've confirmed that employees have been loaded to my QBO file (I can see all 10 employees in the Employee Contact List report). However, when I click on Employees tab in QBO I can only see one of the employees.

Odyssey checked further and found that employees on my QBO file have not linked with KeyPay. They recommended contacting QBO support for further assistance.

Any suggestions please on how I can link them up (QBO & KeyPay) so all employees are visible in QBO>Employees tab? I am not able to do my first pay run until they are linked.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neil

Kristine Mae

Hello there again, Neil.

In QuickBooks Online, there are 3 ways to add or link the employees in KeyPay:

• Employee Self Setup
  • Importing the employee file
  • Utilising the Employee Wizard

In your case, the employees are already showing in the Employee Contact List report. They should already show in the Employees section. I'd suggest reaching out to our customer care support so an agent can take a better look at this. They have more tools that can definitely help you out. Here's how:

1. Click Employees.
  2. Go to the Employees tab.
  3. Click Payroll Support

I'd also like to share this article about Getting Started with QuickBooks Online - Payroll

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you need our help. We'll be here for you. 

neil-hodgson
Level 1

Thanks again Kristine,

I've reached out to Customer Care via the Payroll Support button and will post back here once resolved.

Regards,

Neil

neil-hodgson
Level 1

Hi Kristine,

Unfortunately Payroll Support (KeyPay) is unable to assist me with my issue and have pointed me back to QBO Support. 

They didn’t say why but it may be due to my use of the QBO conversion service (Odyssey Accountants).

Can you please provide an email address for QBO Support so I can ensure my query is directed to the right place and to avoid further delay. Support link provided by KeyPay may lead back to the same place if I select Payroll & STP Support.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Neil

Bonny_

Hi Neil,

We provide phone and messaging support that can be reached from within your QuickBooks company.

To access our support:

1. Select Help on the top-right corner of QuickBooks.
  2. Select Contact Us.
  3. Enter a brief description of the issue, then select Let's Talk.
  4. Under Choose a way to connect with us, select Start a chat or Get a callback.

Our Customer Success team will be able to help you get those employees on to KeyPay.

Let us know how you go!

Bonny