Tags (1)
12 Comments
JH3
Frequent Explorer *
Re: We want your feedback on "Fix online banking errors in QuickBooks Online"

The article did not help and I have been having ongoing issues with my NatWest account for weeks now.

What is especially frustrating is the link that you suggest we use to fix the problem doesn't work and just brings up a new error message!

Please sort this asap.

@JH3 I am going to have one of our support agents check on the NatWest issue and get back to you about it here in this thread. 

In the meantime, can you let me know what link you clicked on in the article that gave you an error?  

JH3
Frequent Explorer *

I clicked on the "www.natwest.com" link as in screengrab below. I've tried it several times and it never works.Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 18.50.27.png

QuickBooks Team
JH3
Frequent Explorer *

Every time I try to log in it tells me I am already logged in ona nother device somewhere. I have made sure that I am not. I have logged onto my NatWest account and logged out again to try and see if that would reset it somehow but that has not helped.

Sometimes it tells me "thanks for solving the problem... please type in your account details". Which I do and then it says there is a problem and to click through to the Natwest website with the link that doesn't work. Or it tells me there is a problem and to try again later.

It's all a bit annoying and repetitive and nothing seems to make it work.

QuickBooks Team

Hey, JH3.

Thanks for providing those details.

Error 105 typically signifies that QuickBooks is unable to access your bank's website at this time. This article will provide you with more information: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1207570-banking-error-105.

As an initial trouble-shooting step, would you mind clearing the cache within your browser? The cache can sometimes become bogged down with unnecessary data which can cause issues like to happen. This write-up offers instructions on how to complete this action depending upon which browser you're using: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1145697-how-do-i-clear-the-temporary-internet-files-and-cache.

Touch base with me after giving this a try.

JH3
Frequent Explorer *

I have cleared my cache and still receive error 105.

The article you suggested I look at about error code 105 simply says this:

"Error 105 means QuickBooks is temporarily unable to access your bank's website. The best thing to do is wait a few hours and then have QuickBooks try to connect again by doing this:

Select Update on the Banking page. 
If you continue to receive this error QuickBooks is already working to resolve this issue with your bank and we'll try to connect again every 24 hours. "

I am sure that you can agree that this is not all that helpful - waiting and trying again in a few hours is what I am already constantly doing.

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you trying that.

I was able to locate an open ticket describing this issue. I want to assure you that our teams are treating this with highest priority and will have it fixed as soon as possible. We'll keep you updated with regular updates. Would you mind sending me a private message with your email address associated with the account so you'll receive these updates?

In the mean time I can walk you through uploading your bank transactions using a CSV file. This can be done by:

1. Clicking Banking from the left navigation menu.
2. Select the Update drop-down arrow, choose File Upload.
* NOTE: If you’ve never connected an account, select Upload transactions manually at the bottom of the screen.

3. Choose Browse and select the appropriate .CSV file then click Next.
4. From the QuickBooks Account drop-down, select the appropriate bank or credit card account then click Next.
5. Map the fields according to the .CSV file's format then click Next.
6. Check the transactions to import then click Next.
7. Click Yes on the notification that asks if you want to import now.
8. Choose Let’s go when you reach the Import Completed window.

Highlighted

Thank you, I am going to get this over to our development team so they can take a look and find out why that link isn't working.   

Hi @JH3, as mentioned on your other post, I totally understand your frustration. We are working on your case with an engineer to find a solution , and will continue to keep you updated through the case we've created for you.

Community Explorer ***

I wonder if most of the failures of bank connections can be related to (from wikipedia)

Users and reviewers criticized the company's phasing-out of support for the ubiquitous QIF format in favor of the QFX format. These formats are used for downloading information from financial institutions such as banks and brokerages. While use of QIF was free, banks are required to pay a licensing fee to Intuit if they wish to allow their customers the ability to download financial data in the QFX format

Nowhere that I have come across in troubleshooting is there any suggestion that "We at Intuit have started charging all banks for the right to provide you with your own information in a format that will seamlessly import into our products automatically - and we're not going back to free, no way no how. SO if your bank won't cooperate, well that's just too bad"

Yes, my comment is tongue in cheek but at least when the satellite cpanies held our local channels hostage they told us up front.

Community Explorer ***

This is a prime example of why the L/S community has 90% of the questions dealing with banking downloads, and no solutions being offered or mentioned.

Four - times the user is asked to do what he has already does, and finally it is discovered that "Hey guys guess what - they know about it, there is a ticket open on the problem." .... "we will add you to the ticket."

Shouldn't the fact that there is a ticket open be looked for from the start?

Better yet, a page the user can peruse to see if his bank is listed as a known problem - oh wait that would require transparency.

Automation is all well and good, when it works - banking has not worked well for the past decade with desktop, and QBO has not done anything to make it more reliable that I can see, if anything it is worse. At least in desktop, when banking downloads make a mess of the company financial file I can restore from back up.

And that does not address the issue that relying on banking downloads to make your entries for you, is [insert pejorative word/phrase here]