4 Comments
Highlighted
Community Explorer ***
Re: We want your feedback on "Group line items on invoices and other sales forms"

The title of the article, and the first sentence lead you to believe you can group line items

the implication there is anyone can do it for any circumstance

But, you can not do that unless:

You have a subscription to QBO Plus, and
Use billable expenses

Re: We want your feedback on "Group line items on invoices and other sales forms"

Thank you, I'm forwarding all this feedback to the content team each morning so hopefully they can edit and clarify the article quickly.  

Frequent Explorer *

I have selected to group my line items by date. When it groups the days/dates together the top "header" is just that date in bold. I would like to change that to include my own "header". So instead of the date I could name the date group "First Week Lobby Installation".

Is that possible?

QuickBooks Team

Hello @FCNadine,

I'm here to provide clarification about header options when grouping items. 

Currently, QuickBooks Online (QBO) doesn't have the ability to include customized headers when grouping line items. 

I can see how this functionality would be helpful for you and others and encourage you to leave feedback to the Product Development Team. This team looks over feedback submitted by users when looking at features to be introduced in future updates. You can submit feedback from within QuickBooks Online by selecting the Gear (⚙) icon and clicking Feedback. I'm going to submit feedback from my side as well. 

In the meantime, I'm including an article with additional information about customizing forms within QBO.

Please let me know if you have other questions about customizing sales forms or anything else QuickBooks related. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.