Highlighted
Solved
Best answer 4 weeks ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team
Re: Wells Fargo Bank Feed Issues

Happy Friday, one and all.

As many of you have noticed today, the Wells Fargo Error 102/105 with Secondary/Delegate users has been resolved! Without any further delay, here are the steps you'll need to get things rolling again:

QuickBooks Online and Self-Employed

1. If you haven't already, be sure to Exclude all of the incorrect transactions that may have resulted from the previous 105 error.
  2. From the Banking screen in either version, click Update or Refresh All. This will force QuickBooks to download any transactions it may have missed.
  3. If any items are still missing after the import, use the regular WebConnect process to download them from the Wells Fargo website.

QuickBooks Desktop

Desktop users have reported that disconnecting and reconnecting the online bank services may be necessary to resume your connections.

• Disconnect Wells Fargo online services
  1. From QuickBooks Desktop, click the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts. Right-click your Wells Fargo account and select Edit Account.
  2. Navigate to the Bank Feed Settings tab > select Deactivate all online services. You'll receive a notification of the disconnect reminding you that this does not cancel services through the bank.
  3. Click OK > Save & Close.

• Reconnect the feed
  1. From the Banking menu > Bank Feeds > Set Up Bank Feeds for an Account.
  2. Search for Wells Fargo in the Bank's name field.
  3. Select the appropriate extension for your Wells Fargo account and follow the on-screen instructions to connect.

The Desktop WebConnect process can be used to download any missing items after reconnecting. All of the previous instructions are also available from the index at the top of this same article.

I'd like to give a big thanks again to all of those that have been affected by this error for your continued patience and understanding. The help you provided here in the Community went a long way with investigating the issue and keeping others informed. Please know that we'll be available here to help each and every business get back on track with their Wells Fargo transactions, no one gets left behind.

Wishing all of the Community a safe and enjoyable weekend.

176 Comments
Community Contributor **

following

Frequent Explorer *

Thank you for working on this. As a desktop user with secondary login credentials working v. 2017 and v. 2018, I don't need to say that this is impacting my ability to do my job efficiently (but I'm saying it anyway). Manually entering charges will be a last resort. As a bookkeeper for an accounting firm with several clients who bank with WF, I also need to charge my time to clients, or the firm, neither of whom created this problem, but both of whom are paying for it. I'm sure QB has uncompensated time in this, as well. Anyway, I'll be following this thread and looking forward to my email from QB to update my case # with a solution.

Senior Explorer *

I am also following this feed.  

I am a guest user on Wells Fargo and I AM able to download a CSV file. 

So if Quickbooks could please make a work around to use the CSV file, it would be very helpful.  Are your developers aware of this?

AG4
Experienced Member

Just NOT good enough. I have clients mostly on wf, reversed entries started on aug 20, which means there has been a problem for over 3 weeks now. My income for the month is affected. For the first time I am questioning my allegiance to QB and QBO - 

AG4
Experienced Member

When I try to import into QB 2016 the entire program just closes, so for now I dont know if the .qbo file included transactions or not. What can I do?

Community Contributor **

Following this hot mess of a situation.

RJC
Community Contributor *

Please include updates for Windows Desktop users as well.  I see replies directed at online users, but many of us are Desktop users, and I don't see that QB has specifically said anything has been "fixed" after 2 weeks.  The only feedback I've seen was from other QB users.

Frequent Contributor *

totally agree.  the "status" page that they have provided seems to be only for the error message received in QBO and nothing for Desktop users.

Community Explorer *

RESOLVED:

We use both Quicken Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop 2018. Both softwares have been connected to Wells Fargo Direct Pay Online Banking for years. Like everyone else on this thread, we have been down and unable to connect for two weeks. 

It was resolved for us just now. It appears that they have fixed the backend issue but there was another step required to get connected for us--

You have to login to http://wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

This will re-verify your account and it gives you 10 minutes to re-connect your software. After doing this and verifying our identity we were able to connect both Quicken and Quickbooks to Wells Fargo online banking

Good Luck!!

Community Contributor **

@Steve-TCC wrote:

RESOLVED:

We use both Quicken Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop 2018. Both softwares have been connected to Wells Fargo Direct Pay Online Banking for years. Like everyone else on this thread, we have been down and unable to connect for two weeks. 

It was resolved for us just now. It appears that they have fixed the backend issue but there was another step required to get connected for us--

This will re-verify your account and it gives you 10 minutes to re-connect your software. After doing this and verifying our identity we were able to connect both Quicken and Quickbooks to Wells Fargo online banking

Good Luck!!

Does this work for secondary login users as well?

Community Explorer *

Sorry I do not know because we only use primary  I would try the secondary account at the verification link though, hopefully that have also fixed that function!!

http://wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

Good luck!

Community Contributor **

@Steve-TCC wrote:

RESOLVED:

Good Luck!!

Unfortunately, this does not work for secondary login users. I have just tried and to no avail...still. I will continue to manually enter and hope my clients switch banks from Wells Fargo. HA!  

Frequent Explorer *

I can confirm that it does not work with a secondary login.  This is a huge issue - did WF change something on their end?

Experienced Member

Is the requirement to sign in as primary a permanent requirement? As the accountant, I use a secondary signin. It's not appropriate for the accountant to have the primary signin (although I do for many clients).

Frequent Explorer *

I haven't spoken directly with Wells Fargo.  I, too use a secondary login most of the time, but have clients that give me theirs.  Maybe the moderator can give us some insight on the situation from the WF side.  Hopefully this is a one-time issue and not an ongoing problem.

Community Explorer *

We are on support with Wells Fargo online right now.  The support rep let us know that there is an issue with using secondary accounts but that will be fixed tonight and available tomorrow

BTW-  Our first company works but our second company in QB is not working, although it is a different error. The account is now working and it connects online but the data doesn't download, it is a different issue

Frequent Explorer *

I have a company where it looks like it is connecting, but no data is downloading.  Thanks for the feedback.

Community Explorer *

We are on support with Wells Fargo online right now.  The support rep let us know that there is an issue with using secondary accounts but that will be fixed tonight and available tomorrow

BTW-  Our first company works but our second company in QB is not working, although it is a different error. The login is now working and it connects online but the data doesn't download, it is a different issue. So, there is also a condition that once you can connect and login it to Wells Fargo direct via QuickBooks there are other possible issues. It works in a test file connecting to the same bank account but not when using the actual company file.

Community Explorer *

Agreed, I tried as well as a secondary user and it still is bringing blank files to my QB Desktop client.  Oddly, my QBO client's Credit card account uploads, but the checking does not.  This is awful.

Senior Explorer *

I went to a client's office to have her login to her account and do a download of her checking account.  No transactions downloaded.

Frequent Explorer *

I just tried this on a company for which I have a primary login. 

1. Went to WF site and downloaded the QBO to my desktop. Tried to import and it wanted me to connect it to a new account.  I canceled the download and disconnected online bank feeds for the existing WF Account.

2.  After disconnecting online banking for that account, I again downloaded the QBO file I had saved to my desktop.  It asked me to connect to an account and I was able to select the correct bank account.

3.  All of the transactions imported successfully.

I don't think that this works for everyone, but it did for this particular company.  It does make sense that you might need to disconnect the bank feeds and set them up again.  It's worth a try if you haven't already.

Senior Explorer *

I use desktop.  Apparently they are working on online but not desktop.  Just more underhanded tricks to encourage more people to sign up for online.

Frequent Explorer *

Please don't get me started on that topic - I have issues with online :-)

Frequent Explorer *

referring to my previous post,  I mean QBO as the extension of the bank download file, not Quickbooks Online.  I use desktop as well.