cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
AudreyPratt
Level 7

What's one fear/challenge/problem that you're ready to move *beyond*?

How can you make that happen in your business/life? What would help you make this reality? 

7 Comments 7
AudreyPratt
Level 7

I'm a total perfectionist, and sometimes it holds me back from growing and progressing. I'd love to know how others have overcome this fear or something similar! 

Adam_Fenner
Level 5

I'm impatient. I want things quickly. So, when things don't happen the way I want I get frustrated, and start moving on to the next thing. 

I now regularly remind myself when I start deviating from a course or chasing a squirrel to stay focused. But when you run a business, that is your job to do. 

AudreyPratt
Level 7

I've heard so many times in my life, "slow and steady wins the race," but I still have to remind myself of it often. 

@Adam_Fenner Is there a time you've moved on from something out of frustration and eventually circled back to it? 

Adam_Fenner
Level 5

@AudreyPratt I think in business it is as true as with anything else. Like you said, slow and steady. You can pile through it quickly, and there are times when that is necessary. But it is a marathon, not a sprint. 

I have not circled back, because by the time I leave the momentum is lost. I have learned that I missed out on some great opportunities, when I see how my competitors continued to grow and I was left with nothing. 

rduran
Level 1

I'm an overthinker. I quit my job last month and decided to start my own practice, but I already made the numbers to know when I should get a job if things don't go the rigth way. I should stop fearign the slow start and be ready for greatness, but thinking things far a month is just in my nature.

ShanaNiederman
Level 6

It's hard soetime to find a balance between feeling prepared and ready for anything, and taking a leap of faith into something new. @rduran I really resonate with what you said, because I err on the side of overthinking as well. How do we find that sweet spot between thinking about something enough (because it's rarely good to jump into things too soon and unprepared) and ruminating to excess?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually relate to all of these!

I think though my biggest challenge now may just be trying to make everything 'fit'.

I'm a bookkeeper.  I want things to balance, be in the right place, make sense as a part of a whole.

But some things aren't like that.  Some seem like outliers, but they are really either holdovers from a past life, or maybe little sign-posts for a future one.

Either way, I am hoping in 2018 i will just let these kinds of things be a bit... rather than having always to figure out what they are about and what they are for.

*kristen

Need to get in touch?

Contact us