cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
shah-saraei
Level 1

How should I process my: 1)salary, 2)dividends business transactions? what categories should I give them? eg, for dividends, there is: dividends, dividends payable.

Solved
Best answer October 19, 2022

Accepted Solutions
emmam6

How should I process my: 1)salary, 2)dividends business transactions? what categories should I give them? eg, for dividends, there is: dividends, dividends payable.

Hello Community Users, We just wanted to add to this thread. There are a number of ways to record dividends, depending on business type etc. We recommend speaking with an account on how best to record them. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Paulg1969
Level 4

If you're not using Quickbooks for payroll then your salary is recorded as follows: -

On the assumption you're just drawing an amount of cash for yourself as required

Debit Director's remuneration

Credit Director's loan (hopefully a liabiity)

Credit PAYE

I normally det up dividends as an other expense

Debit dividends

Credit director's loan

Amounts paid to you are then allocated to the director's loan.

emmam6

Hello Community Users, We just wanted to add to this thread. There are a number of ways to record dividends, depending on business type etc. We recommend speaking with an account on how best to record them. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us