cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
georgerobinson35
Level 1

I am new to quick books online and cant find the undeposited funds account. . i looked in chart of accounts , or is it now called cash in hand ?

3 REPLIES 3
MaryLandT

I am new to quick books online and cant find the undeposited funds account. . i looked in chart of accounts , or is it now called cash in hand ?

Welcome to the Intuit Community, @georgerobinson35,

It's possible the Undepostied Funds account has been renamed. Let's go and review your Audit Log to see exactly what changes were made.

Here's how to access the Audit Log:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Audit Log under Tools.
  3. Click the Filter button.
  4. Use the fields on the Filter panel to choose the appropriate User, Date, or Events filter to narrow the results.
  5. Click Apply.

The history shows 150 records at a time. Select Previous or Next to move between pages of records.

For more details about this feature, feel free to read through here: The Audit Log Helps You Discover Data Errors, Boost Workflow Efficiency and More.

That will keep you going, @georgerobinson35.

Keep me posted if there's anything I can help you with navigating your Chart of Accounts. I'm always around whenever you need help.

Rustler
Level 15

@georgerobinson35 

The account is named undeposited funds

I think or seem to remember that this account is not created by QB in the chart of accounts until you have saved an invoice or use receive payments for the first time.  But I could be wrong, do you have a saved invoice?

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

@Rustler is correct - undeposited funds does not show until you have created and saved an invoice. Have you done this yet?

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us