cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
sabina1
Level 1

Is there a report in QB that would show the volume of transactions posted in the software by type?

Solved
Best answer May 08, 2019

Accepted Solutions
EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Is there a report in QB that would show the volume of transactions posted in the software by type?

Hi Sabina,

You can run the Transaction Detail by Account report and group this by transaction type. If you are looking to compare VAT periods you could look at using the VAT detail report and then customising the data which you wish to see for each year/period. You won't be able to directly compare within QuickBooks Online however you do have function to export and compare in Excel.

I've tried seeing if we have any reports which could assist with the reporting of changes made to transactions in a certain period but we don't have report which does this, you could try the Audit Log available with in the cog wheel of the QuickBooks Online account and filtering this to the user and period of time and looking for edits but this could be very time consuming depending on the amount of changes/users. If you are looking for changes to transactions which have already been filed these will already populate within VAT exceptions report.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need further support.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello sabina1,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

To confirm, you would like a report that shows the amount of transactions by type, as in invoice, expense, sales receipt etc?

Thanks,

Talia

sabina1
Level 1

Hi Talia,

Yes, that's exactly the report we are looking for. We need such report to be able to compare VAT quarters when a particular period took less or more time than the previous ones. The report would hopefully show us if the volume of transactions had impact on the time it took to process books for the quarters. 

I just had an additional thought: would there be a chance for a report showing how many preexisting transactions (bills, expenses, journals etc.) had been amended in a quarter. Most of our clients do the initial entry and we are reviewing what has been posted and correcting the transactions when needed. The aim of the report would be the same as above. 

Regards,

Sabina

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Hi Sabina,

You can run the Transaction Detail by Account report and group this by transaction type. If you are looking to compare VAT periods you could look at using the VAT detail report and then customising the data which you wish to see for each year/period. You won't be able to directly compare within QuickBooks Online however you do have function to export and compare in Excel.

I've tried seeing if we have any reports which could assist with the reporting of changes made to transactions in a certain period but we don't have report which does this, you could try the Audit Log available with in the cog wheel of the QuickBooks Online account and filtering this to the user and period of time and looking for edits but this could be very time consuming depending on the amount of changes/users. If you are looking for changes to transactions which have already been filed these will already populate within VAT exceptions report.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need further support.

Thanks,

Need to get in touch?

Contact us