cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Garbo62
Level 1

Is there a report or Web page, that will compare Income and Profit/loss with the previous year by Month. I.e I want to know how this June compared with last June etc.....

2 REPLIES 2
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Is there a report or Web page, that will compare Income and Profit/loss with the previous year by Month. I.e I want to know how this June compared with last June etc.....

Thanks for posting in the Community space, @Garbo62.

Currently, we don't have the option to pull up a single report to compare current and previous year's monthly Profit and Loss data. As a suggestion, you can run and export the report, and then combine them in Excel.

Here's how:

1. Go to the left menu and choose Reports.
  2. On the search field, enter Profit and Loss.
    1.PNG
  3. Custom the date period to your desired month period, and then click Run report.
  4. Hit the Export button.
    2.PNG
  5. Repeat the same steps for other months.
  6. For better view, combine the monthly data in Excel.

For future reference, check out these articles:

Let me know the outcome or if you have other reports questions. As always, I'm here to provide further help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From Intuit's post, it appears not. Wow.  Such a very basic financial statement.  Another reason to use QB Desktop, which does this easily.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us