cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

3, 4, or 5 year comparison

I want to be able to generate a 3, or 5 year Profit & loss comparison report. We like the standard report "Profit & loss prev year comparison report" but wish we could show more years back like maybe '2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 all on the same report. can QB do that? is there any add on software that can do it?

15 Comments
Not applicable

Hi Glen Yes - you are in luck!  We can do that!  Go to yo...

Hi Glen

Yes - you are in luck!  We can do that!  Go to your profit and loss report - but use the dates beginning with 01/01/2011 to 12/31/2014 - click on the customize button and change the column drop down to years!  Sweet!  Hope this helps! : )

Not applicable

Any way to make this work for a specific date range that...

Any way to make this work for a specific date range that is not a full year?  Example, 1/1/15 TO 6/30/15, with comparisons to previous years for the same date range??
Not applicable

I also have the same problem and it looks like QB cannot...

I also have the same problem and it looks like QB cannot compare a specific range, like a specific month, for more than two years...  quite a downside and I hope the programmers fix this inadequacy...
Not applicable

Same problem.  We need JAN-OCT for 2016, 2015 & 2014 side...

Same problem.  We need JAN-OCT for 2016, 2015 & 2014 side-by-side.  No apparent way to produce this report in  QB Enterprise 2016
Not applicable

Same problem for me.  We want to make interim comparisons...

Same problem for me.  We want to make interim comparisons (1st Q, for examp.) for multiple years.  Doesn't seem like too much to ask.
Not applicable

Ditto.  I want to compare the past five April's only.  QB...

Ditto.  I want to compare the past five April's only.  QB can't do that, except through Statement Writer... which is in the accountant's version... but it has a lot of technical problems.  If you click Year, it returns the year-to-date in the current year, but the full year for all prior years.  If you select Month, you get every single month of each previous year.  Shame.  May be the most important report upgrade to make in future releases, especially for accountants.
Not applicable

YEP, we need the same.  We want to compare quarters acros...

YEP, we need the same.  We want to compare quarters across 4-5 years, or any date range across more than 2 years.  It's quite fundamental to reviewing performance.  C'mon QBO.

You can also export to Excel and copy and paste the years...

You can also export to Excel and copy and paste the years information as needed for non full years.  If you have Crystal Reports as well then you can build the needed report and it will give you the information based on the query data entered.  There is also the F9 reporting that can also do year comparisons, but all these added functions cost a lot more than just exporting and copy and pasting, you get the data you need how you want it, and you can also compute the differences as you need.
Not applicable

you can do this by entering the time and comparing previo...

you can do this by entering the time and comparing previous periods
Highlighted
Not applicable

Use this QB report>>> Profit & Loss Prev Year Comparison...

Use this QB report>>> Profit & Loss Prev Year Comparison <<<< hope this will help...

I'm in retail and we use 13 four week accounting periods....

I'm in retail and we use 13 four week accounting periods.  I need to do year to year P&L comparisons for specific periods that always start on a Monday and end on a Sunday.  Needless to say, the actual dates never line up.   No one has been able to guide me on this, save downloading to Excel.  Problem there is the data doesn't line up year to year so I spend lots of time re-formatting.  I wish QB was more robust in this area.
Established Member

yes.... exactly your concerns for me too!  I would like t...

yes.... exactly your concerns for me too!  I would like to YTD comparisons over multiple years

Re: yes.... exactly your concerns for me too! I would like t...

Same for me.

I could download the details for each year and stick it in a spreadsheet to compare but what a waste of time when the data is already available.

Frequent Contributor *

Re: 3, 4, or 5 year comparison

There are 3rd party reporting apps that can do this.

Experienced Member

Re: Use this QB report>>> Profit & Loss Prev Year Comparison...

This will only work to compare two years at a time, correct?

Like others, I'd like to see a YTD P&L comparing multiple years.  I'm not finding that option. :/