cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *
Solved

3rd Party Payroll - enter by person by job by class - batch entry - Desktop

Client has a third party payroll processor and to get the allocation properly entered, we duplicate the payroll into QB payroll.  It allocates everything perfectly.  Provided I can get a flat excel file by person, there should be a way I can batch enter the payroll by person by class and by job.  Does anyone have an idea how that might be done.  I am fine with not using QB Payroll if I can find a batch method to do the same thing.  Using Quickbooks Desktop.

Best answer 06-03-2019

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: 3rd Party Payroll - enter by person by job by class - batch entry - Desktop

Thanks for your reply, @wdpcpa3.

Let’s get your data added into QuickBooks by using the IIF file. As stated by @ Alessandra_B, this is a feature in QuickBooks that allows you to export and import data to and from different platforms.

You can try downloading and installing the .IIF import kit tool. It contains the Import Manual, Header Help, and Example Files.

The sample file allows you to play around or use these features without affecting the actual data. To view the sample file, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Download link by going to the Download and install the .IIF import kit section.
  2. In the Opening iif –import –kit.zip window, choose Save File and OK.
  3. You can use WinZip or any compatible file compression utility to extract the contents of the downloaded file.
    Note: The data will automatically extract into a sub folder called .IIF Import Kit.
  4. Click on Open file to view the contents.

This should point you in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns about QuickBooks. I’ll jump right back in to help.

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @wdpcpa3.

Currently, you're only able to import specific lists and transactions. Let me add additional details about this.

In Quickbooks, you're only able to import your employee list. Any payroll information can't be imported into QuickBooks.

Thus, you'll need to manually enter them in QuickBooks from your client's third-party payroll processor.

You can view this article for more information: Export or Import Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) Files.

Please know that you can always get back to us if you have any other concerns.

Frequent Explorer *

By way of example, I had a controller says he uses the batch entry of a fake credit card account to get the entries into quickbooks.  He is tricking quickbooks to do something it isn't designed to do.

I am wondering if there is some other way to do it - perhaps a batch entry of a JE.  I don't care if John Smiths name is shown as an Employee, Other name, Vendor Name or even Job Name under a Customer called Employees.  

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for your reply, @wdpcpa3.

Let’s get your data added into QuickBooks by using the IIF file. As stated by @ Alessandra_B, this is a feature in QuickBooks that allows you to export and import data to and from different platforms.

You can try downloading and installing the .IIF import kit tool. It contains the Import Manual, Header Help, and Example Files.

The sample file allows you to play around or use these features without affecting the actual data. To view the sample file, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Download link by going to the Download and install the .IIF import kit section.
  2. In the Opening iif –import –kit.zip window, choose Save File and OK.
  3. You can use WinZip or any compatible file compression utility to extract the contents of the downloaded file.
    Note: The data will automatically extract into a sub folder called .IIF Import Kit.
  4. Click on Open file to view the contents.

This should point you in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns about QuickBooks. I’ll jump right back in to help.

Frequent Explorer *

Many thanks.