cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

AP Aging report that shows payment history for full year, not just as the "as of" date

My client is trying to get a loan and the bank wants to see their track record with paying bills.  However, when I run an A/P Aging Summary for last fiscal year, it only gives me what was due as of 12/31/18.  Is there a report in QB that would show due dates and payment dates for the full year for all vendor payments?  Did I overlook something?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: AP Aging report that shows payment history for full year, not just as the "as of" date

Hey there, @kb bookkeeping.

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community. I can share some information about the report that you need in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

First off, I appreciate you providing the details of your concern. You might want to consider pulling up the Transaction List by Vendor report instead. Then customize it to show when they are due, and the payment dates for all your client's vendor payments. Here's how:

1. Go to Reports menu at the top, then pick Vendors & Payables and Transaction List by Vendor on the drop-down.
2. Once pulled up, click Customize Report on the upper left.
3. On the Display tab, type Due Date on the Search Columns field under Columns section, then put a checkmark beside it.
4. Now, go to the Filters tab, then enter Transaction Type on the Search Filter field and choose Multiple Transaction Types.
5. Pick Bill and Bill Payment on the Select Transaction Types pop-up, then OK.
6. Go back to Search Filter field and type Paid Status, then select Closed.
7. Click OK once done.

I also attached some sample screenshots to your guide.

5.PNG6.PNG7.PNG

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Customize vendor reports.

There you have it! Let me know how it goes in the comment section below. I'm always here should you have any additional questions or concerns. Cheers!

Experienced Member

Re: AP Aging report that shows payment history for full year, not just as the "as of" date

Thanks so much for your efforts -- I learned a couple of things in trying this.    I was really excited to try and did,  but the detail that remains left out is how long it took to pay the invoice.  I tried selecting "Paid Date" as a column but it was blank in the report.  

Thanks for coming back to the Community, kb bookkeeping.

The closest report that you can run is the Transaction List by Vendor. While we don't have this specific report, I'll personally send a feedback statement to our engineers about the reports in QuickBooks. It'd be best if you can also submit a suggestion directly to them by going to the Help menu, then selecting Send Feedback Online. They'll use it to make product improvements.

I appreciate for your input. Please reach out to me if you have other questions. Have a good one.