cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Budget

I have always set up our budget using the P&L from the previous year.  Looking at the last quarter my Fee for service numbers didn't make sense to me.  I just pulled up a P&L for January 2018 and the number for free for service is not the same number that the budget has even though I had the budget set up using 2018 numbers.   I'm confused as to where the number is coming from.  Please help.

Thanks!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Budget

Hi there, Ryder.

Thanks for letting me know. Let me help ensure your Profit and Loss report, and Budget for Profit and Loss will match in QuickBooks Desktop.

I've replicated this on my QuickBooks sample file, and it seems like both of my transactions for Profit and Loss and Budget for Profit and Loss are matched. In this case, let's rebuild and verify the data in QuickBooks Desktop to remove the empty or damaged information from the file. 

Here's how to rebuild the data:

1. At the top menu bar, click File.
  2. Select Utilities, and choose Rebuild Data.
  3. Click OK if you receive a prompt to backup your company file. Your computer may display the message QuickBooks is not responding. However, as long as you can see your mouse cursor to move, Rebuild is still ongoing. Wait for it to complete.
  4. Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed and process the next troubleshooting steps.

To verify the data in QuickBooks, you can follow the steps in this article: Resolve data damage on your company file

If the same thing happens, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have the tools to do a screen-share and investigate this further.

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

For additional reference, you can check this article: Create a budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have additional questions about the Budget feature in QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. Have a good one. 

So there was no issue with the data in the QB file.  I redid the budget and the numbers are still the same?  Apparently QB doesn't cover our version of Enterprise.  Any suggestions on what to do now? 

QuickBooks Team

I suggest reaching out to our phone support team, Ryder.

They can further investigate this concern since after performing the troubleshooting steps given by my colleague the issue persists. Please follow the steps given above on how to contact us. 

The Community is always around to help you with your concerns.