cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Can I assign number to account auto-created by Quickbooks Payroll?

We have Quickbooks Payroll (full service), and when we ran our first payroll, it created some new accounts, eg "Payroll Liabilities" and "DC Income Tax" all of which are unnumbered and unrelated to our original chart of accounts.

My question, is it safe for me to number these accounts and integrate them into the hierachy of the existing chart of accounts?  For instance, something like this,

7000 Overhead Expenses

7450 Payroll Taxes

7455 DC Income Tax

so that DC Income Tax flows into the already existing Payroll Taxes which then flows into Overhead Expenses?  Thanks.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can I assign number to account auto-created by Quickbooks Payroll?

Hi there, eeei732.

Let me begin by thanking you for allowing QuickBooks the opportunity to serve your company's payroll needs.

I'm happy to tell you that it is safe for you to number these accounts and integrate them into your existing Chart of Accounts. Just make sure that you won't change any other details of these accounts. For additional insight about this, I'm also including this helpful article: How to enable and use account numbers

I hope this response finds you with a smile today. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, I always have your back. Wishing you and your business continued success!