cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can I invoice a vendor for shipping costs I paid for them and what accounts do I use?

1 Comment
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Can I invoice a vendor for shipping costs I paid for them and what accounts do I use?

Are you looking to make money or just get the money back that you paid for the shipping?

The original shipping costs should go into whatever Expense Acct you use.  That could be a generic "Shipping Expense" account, a Sub FedEx, UPS, etc. account.  But enter the expense however you normally would.

If you're just looking to be Reimbursed for the cost, send them and invoice and use the above Shipping Expense account as the account you're "billing" against.  Their payment will basically negate the original expense.

If  you're looking to make money.  Then just bill them for a Service or any other generic Income category you have for a number that is the expense + however much you want to make.  The money from this "Sale" will go into your books as Income...   The actual "Profit" just as any other sale will be figured out when you look at all income, expenses, etc.