cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Can I print a report of adjusted journal entries from 2018?

I want to be able to print a report of the adjusted journal entries I've made

from 1/1/2018 to 12/31/ 2018.

I cannot find that options in the Reports Menu

7 Comments

Re: Can I print a report of adjusted journal entries from 2018?

Hello there, @girlmeetsnumbers.

Welcome to the Community. I can help you print the Adjusting Journal Entries report in QuickBooks for Mac.

1. Click Reports.
  2. Choose Accountant and Taxes.
  3. Select Adjusting Journal Entries.
  4. Edit the date range to last year (1/1/2018-12/31/ 2018).
  5. Click the Print icon.

That should guide you through the steps, girlmeetsnumbers. Keep me posted if you have follow-up questions about reports. I'm still here to help you more. Have a good one.

Established Member

When I pull down "Accountant and Taxes" from the Reports menu as you instructed, it does not give me an option called "Adjusting Journal Entries."

Established Member

When I select Reports from the menu and Click on Accountant and Taxes, nothing called Adjusting Journal Entries appears.

Hello again, girlmeetsnumbers.

Thank you for giving me the results after following my recommendation. 

Technically, you should be able to run the report. However, since you don't have that option, I'd suggest calling our phone support team. They have the ability to run through your file with the use of our screen sharing tool. This helps us check what's causing the issue.

1. Visit this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  4. Select the issue/topic.
  5. Scroll-down and click the Get Phone Number button.

Let me know the outcome, girlmeetsnumbers. I want to make sure this is taken care of. Just mention my name or add a comment below.

Here's a workaround I found.

Go to Reports, select "Journal". The default report only shows current transactions. 

Click on "Customize". Change the report period to the period you need, add a column for "Adj", Under "Filter", select "Journal Entry" for Transaction Type and run report. 

Established Member

Adjusting journal entry report was once an option under Accountant & Taxes - it was very useful.  I am extremely perturbed with QBs removing this report.  Using a work around is a pain in the backside.  This is one of the many reasons, I as a CPA, hate QBs.

Thanks for joining us in this thread, pa2019.

The Adjusted Journal Entries report is currently available in QuickBooks Desktop. In the meantime, you may want to follow the workaround provided above. 

Please know that our product developers are working to continuously improve our product's features to meet your needs. They are pushing through the envelope and everything they have developed within the program derives form listening to our customers.

They also work on clusters of similar features wherever they can, so that the product can take significant steps forward when making any changes. Just in case, refer to this article that will provide more information: QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019 User’s Guide.

I'll also update you in this thread if I hear any changes about the report. 

We're here to ensure you have a great experience. Please let me know if you have any concerns. I'll be around to help.