cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Classes - too many?

Is having 50 -100 classes too many?  I am trying to find an easy way to track agent commissions coming and out being paid with the ability to pull reports for that agent showing their commissions.  I don't want it to be too cumbersome to deal with.

4 Comments 4
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Classes - too many?

Hello there, @Anonymous.

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. There's a limit of how many classes you can have in QuickBooks Desktop (10,000 for Pro and Premier; 100,000 for Entreprise). Setting up and adding 50-100 classes is still manageable. 

You're correct. Utilizing the Classes feature allows you to track agent commissions coming and out being paid. You can also run reports and categorize it by class.

1. Pull up any report.
  2. At the top options, click Customize Report.
  3. Under the Display tab, select the Class column.
    1.JPG
  4. You can also go to the Filters tab and select Class.
  5. Click OK to save the changes.
    2.JPG

For additional reference about customizing reports in QuickBooks Desktop, you can open the link to learn more.

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here if you need further assistance. Have a good one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Classes - too many?

@HoneyLynn_G 

RE: There isn't a limit of how many classes you can have in QuickBooks Desktop as long as they are set up properly

Yes, there is.  You can have 10,000 classes with Pro and Premier or 100,000 with Enterprise.

Intuit has published this information, which I'm sure is taught in QB traning: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Maximum-number-of-list-entries-list-limits-and...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Classes - too many?

Does using classes seem to be the easiest way to accomplish this or is there a better one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Classes - too many?

RE: Does using classes seem to be the easiest way to accomplish this or is there a better one?

How would using classes help at all?  I don't understand how that will work.

I'd use the Rep field and the Sales by Rep reports to calculate commissions (QB won't do it.)

Need to get in touch?

Contact us