cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Closing a report that refuses to closs

i have a report that will not close and is listed in the open windows list at least 50 times.  How can i get it to close?

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Closing a report that refuses to closs

Thanks for checking in with us, Njennings.

I can lend a hand in closing a report in QuickBooks Desktop. Let's get this sorted out.

You can follow the easy steps on how you can close a report in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here's how:

1. Click Window at the top menu bar.
  2. On the drop-down list, click Close All.
  3. This should close all the open windows you have in QuickBooks.

Once done, you can try to open and close the report again. If you're still getting the same issue, let's try to verify and rebuild your data. The data verification process in QuickBooks is a tool that examines the health of your QuickBooks company data file.

To Verify Data:

1. Choose File at the top menu bar.
  2. Click on Utilities.
  3. Hit Verify Data.

x.PNG

To Rebuild Data:

1. Choose File at the top menu bar.
  2. Click on Utilities.
  3. Hit Rebuild Data.
  4. You will receive a warning message to backup your company file, press OK.
  5. Click OKwhen you get the message "Rebuild has completed".

c.PNG

You may find this article helpful: Resolve data damage on your company file.

Don't hesitate to drop me a reply below if I can be of additional assistance while pulling up and closing a report in QuickBooks Desktop. Have a good one.

Experienced Member

The report would not close, even with the Close All in the Windows menu and with out closing that report i was unable to do the following two steps.

Would appreciate more help.

Experienced Member

The report would not close, even using the Close All in the Windows menu and without having that report closed i was unable to do the next to steps.

I would appreciate any additional help you can give.

Thanks

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Njennings.

Allow me to jump in and help provide another troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue when closing a report in QuickBooks Desktop. 

In case there is damage to your company file, let's suppress the QuickBooks Desktop application. QuickBooks may be trying to open your previous company, so it's important to isolate if the program or your company file is working.

Here's how:

1. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the Ctrl key, then select Open.
  2. Do not release the Ctrl key until you have the No Company Open window unless QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error.
  3. Open the company file.

Once done, let's toggle your desktop view on the preference. Let me walk you through the steps:

1. Go to Edit menu and select Preferences.
  2. On the left side panel, choose Desktop View.
  3. Click the My Preferences folder and select the Save current desktop
  4. Once done, click the OK tab.

If the same thing happens, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to do a remote session and investigate this further. 

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

Please let me know how it goes by clicking the Reply button below. I'll be around to help if you have any other questions about the QuickBooks. Have a good one.