cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKelkar
Level 1

Committed Costs report broken down by item?

Is there a way to get the Committed Costs by Job report to show costs broken down by item code?

Otherwise, I need Quickbooks to produce a report that looks like the attached cost report template, basically a Cost to Completion report to forecast how my projects are performing against the budget.

I need the report to show posted bills as Actual Costs, and POs as Committed Costs. If I have to export to Excel to insert the variance and estimated cost columns, that's fine. But I'm running into a problem.

I've tried building this report in Excel manually by:

-Exporting Estimated vs Actual report to Excel

-Creating an extra column for Committed Costs

-Exporting an Open PO report to another spreadsheet and

-Using a SUMIFs formula in the Committed Costs column to pull in open PO totals based on the Item Code in the Est. v Act. sheet.

But the problem arises when I have open POs for items that don't have any actual costs yet, because those item codes don't appear on the Est. v Act. sheet. I have over a dozen separate customers that I need to create this report for on a weekly basis, so manually adding cost codes to accommodate those POs would take forever. And I don't want a report with every single cost code on it because it would be prohibitively long. 

1 Comment 1
Rose-A

Committed Costs report broken down by item?

Good day, SKelkar.

Allow me to help you and provide you information about Committed Costs by Job report in QuickBooks Enterprise.

I appreciate the screenshot you've provided. Showing the costs broken by item code in the Committed Costs by Job report isn't currently unavailable in QuickBooks Enterprise. However, you can try to build the desired report using the QuickBooks Advanced Reporting. 

QuickBooks Advanced Reporting lets you use your QuickBooks data to create interactive reports and gain better insights into your business. 

You can get more insights in this article: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Advanced Reporting1 Tools.

Also, you may find these articles helpful:

If you have more questions about Committed Costs by Job report, please let me know. I'd be more than willing to lend you a hand.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us