cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nwccinc
Level 1

Custom Invoice Template

I need to create custom invoice templates for certain jobs. I want to have the description and rate prefilled when I pull up the invoice template so all I have to do is enter the quantity. Is there any way to do that?

2 Comments 2
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Custom Invoice Template

Hi there, @Nwccinc.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm here to help provide some information about customizing invoice template in QuickBooks Desktop.

Currently, QuickBooks doesn't have an option to have the description and rate prefilled when pulling up the invoice template. What you can do is, set it up on the item list setting where you can add description and rate. Once you create an invoice, the information you added will automatically show when selecting the item. 

To do this, here's how:

1. At the top menu bar, click Lists.
  2. Go to the Item List.
  3. Double-click the item name.
  4. You can add the description on the Purchase/Sales Information
  5. Type-in the rate amount on the Sale price option. 
  6. Click OK to apply the changes. 

For additional reference, you can check this article on how to Add, edit, and delete items.

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend calling our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and do a screen share. 

1. Follow the Official Intuit Contact link.
  2. Select your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select an issue type from the menu below, you need only to select two options for the contact information to appear.
  4. Click Get Phone Number at the bottom.

This will get you on the right track. Please know that I'm just a post away if you have any other questions about the item list. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

Custom Invoice Template

@JanyRoseB

Please Learn from this topic; you showed Inventory. Nothing here is Products kept on hand. That doesn't apply.

@Nwccinc

Templates are Designs. What you are asking about is using Estimates or Sales Orders as part of Pre-Sales planning. You document the Plan. You can later invoice from the Estimate or from the Sales Order. The issue is not Template, but Transaction Type.

Example: I quote you that I will work for you for $100 an hour, and we anticipate 5 hours. The estimate you sign, or what I make for my own reference, is where I document that I just quoted you that rate of $100 per hour. Later, I invoice, select the Estimate, and I can update the quantity Sold on this invoice to the Actual Time.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us