cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallasbrews
Level 3

Custom Summary Report: Inventory Quick View only display active items

We have some service and inventory part items in QB, and I have tried to clean things up by deactivating a lot of the things we no longer keep in stock.  However, when trying to run an Inventory Quick View, it seems to want to display all items, active and inactive... is there a quick and easy way to just hide inactive items?  Thanks in advance!

Solved
Best answer April 24, 2019

Best Answers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, @dallasbrews.

I'd be glad to help display all your active items only when running your custom summary report.

I just wanted to clarify, did you open the Custom Summary report or the Item QuickReport? Either way, you have the option to customize the report by selecting the filter choices.

It's also important to consider the filtered date of the report. The inactive items will show if you filtered the date wherein the transactions have those items. If you need to hide these, make sure to unchecked the Show inactive inventory items on the filter choices.

Let me know if this is not what you're referring to. You can also check this article if you need details about customizing item reports: Customize item reports.

I'm here to help you further if you have additional questions about the Custom Summary report. Have a good one.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, @dallasbrews.

I'd be glad to help display all your active items only when running your custom summary report.

I just wanted to clarify, did you open the Custom Summary report or the Item QuickReport? Either way, you have the option to customize the report by selecting the filter choices.

It's also important to consider the filtered date of the report. The inactive items will show if you filtered the date wherein the transactions have those items. If you need to hide these, make sure to unchecked the Show inactive inventory items on the filter choices.

Let me know if this is not what you're referring to. You can also check this article if you need details about customizing item reports: Customize item reports.

I'm here to help you further if you have additional questions about the Custom Summary report. Have a good one.

dallasbrews
Level 3

Ahh... I see, so back dating is the issue then really.  I will just select all the items I need manually then, as some are in inventory for a long time, several years, by design.  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're certainly welcome, @dallasbrews.

It's nice to hear that you're able to figure out that this has something to do with the filtered dates. 

I wanted to take a quick moment and link you to some helpful articles you might need in the future: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

Should you have you any questions about inventory reports, or anything else, you can always find me here. Wishing you a great weekend ahead. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us