Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

Customer:Job Reporting

Hello, 

I'm interested in running a report that outlines all transactions by the field "customer:job". I'm seeking to audit all my transactions that do not have anything entered into the customer:job field.

I've attached a screenshot of an example transaction that should be listed on this report, along with any other transactions that don't have anything entered under customer:job. 

Thanks so much. 

Best answer 04-23-2019 05:52 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Customer:Job Reporting

Hi, ASILBER.

I can share with you some information about the Customer: Job report in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

I appreciate the screenshot you've provided. Right now, there isn't a report that can outlines all the transactions by the Customer: Job field in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. However, you can pull up and customize the Purchase by Vendor Detail report.

This report will outline the information if you have a Customer: Job entered in the transaction but if you there's no Customer: Job entered it will default to the vendor's name.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Customize-item-reports/m-p/201494.

For additional help, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. You can get our most updated contact number here:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Don't hesitate to drop me a reply below if you have any other concerns about Customer: Job reports in QuickBooks. Have a nice day.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi, ASILBER.

I can share with you some information about the Customer: Job report in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

I appreciate the screenshot you've provided. Right now, there isn't a report that can outlines all the transactions by the Customer: Job field in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. However, you can pull up and customize the Purchase by Vendor Detail report.

This report will outline the information if you have a Customer: Job entered in the transaction but if you there's no Customer: Job entered it will default to the vendor's name.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Customize-item-reports/m-p/201494.

For additional help, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. You can get our most updated contact number here:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Don't hesitate to drop me a reply below if you have any other concerns about Customer: Job reports in QuickBooks. Have a nice day.

Community Explorer **

Thank you. 

This was my suspicion but I'm glad you confirmed it for my sanity.  Any chance that Intuit could add this report in future? 

Thank you,

Abe. 

QuickBooks Team

Glad to have you back here in the Community, @ASILBER.

Allow me to step into this conversation and provide you with some more information about adding the Customer: Job report in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

Our development team is constantly working to improve the product and appreciates the help of users in bringing things like this to their attention. I've already taken note of your request and will inform you whenever we have it available for our users.

Also, here's a good article that you can check out about the available report in QuickBooks Desktop for your future reference: Understand reports.

Additionally, I'd encourage to visit the What's New section on your QuickBooks, to be updated with our latest news and updates including product improvements.

To do that:

1. Click on Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on New Features.
  3. Choose What's New.

whats new.PNG

This should get you going today.

Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any other concerns with QuickBooks. I want to ensure your taken care of. Wishing you and your business continued success.