cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Customizing Existing Reports

How do I customize an existing report further than the options on "Customize Report"? I'm trying to use the Profit & Loss Budget Performance report, but I only want my monthly total to be compared to the YTD actual & the Annual Budget. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Customizing Existing Reports

Hello there, @shelbyrid.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to help provide some insights about Profit & Loss Budget Performance report in QuickBooks Desktop. 

When pulling up a Profit & Loss Budget Performance report, you have an option to select an Account by Month so you can compare to the YTD and Annual Budget information. 

Here's how: 

1.  At the top menu bar, click Reports.
  2. Choose Budgets & Forecast
  3. Select Profit & Loss Budget Performance
  4. You can select the budget to use when generating the budget report on the drop-down arrow. 
  5. Click Next
  6. On the Select a report layout for the budget report drop-down arrow, select Account by Month
  7. Click Next, then Finish to generate the report. 

If you need to customize the report, you can follow the steps in this article on how to customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop

If you need further assistance from our live support, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team so they can do a remote session and walk you through the steps.

Here's how you can contact our live support:

1. Follow the Official Intuit Contact link.
  2. Select your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select an issue type from the menu below, you need only to select two options for the contact information to appear.
  4. Click Start a message at the bottom. 

Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about the Profit & Loss Budget Performance report. I'm always here to help.