cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Dead Stock

I would like to find or create a report that will help me manage old inventory such as items we have in the warehouse that haven't sold within the last 90 days (or any specified time period). I can run a report to show items on the floor and when they were purchased last, but I can't figure out how to filter it to show how long it's been there. I have some extreme cases of product we bought in 2013 that is still sitting in the warehouse. I haven't yet found a way to have quickbooks tell me we bought something 5 years ago and haven't sold it since.

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Dead Stock

Hi, @Kalzane.

I'm here to help share some information about the inventory item report you need in QuickBooks Desktop. 

Currently, QuickBooks doesn't have a specific report that will show how long the list transaction of the item. However, you can export the Item List report through excel and pull up the Summary report and customize it by Item to show those items that have been used for 90 days. 

This way, you can compare both reports to determine what are those items that haven't been sold. 

Here's how to export the Item List report through excel: 

1. Click Reports at the top menu bar.
  2. Select List.
  3. Choose Item Listing.
  4. Select Excel on the report toolbar. Choose either Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet.
  5. Click Advanced to set how you want the Excel report to be formatted. Select OK when you're done.
  6. Select Export. The spreadsheet opens in Microsoft Excel once QuickBooks finishes exporting.

To pull up the Summary report, here's how:

1. Select Reports.
  2. Choose Custom Reports.
  3. Click Summary.
  4. Select the report date range.
  5. On the Display columns by, choose Total only.
  6. On the Display rows by option, select Item detail
  7. Click OK.

You may also check this article on how to customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have additional questions about the reports. I'd be happy to answer them for you.