cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Explorer *

Desktop Pro 2019 Custom Icon Shortcuts

I am trying to add a short cut for a window to the icon bar. I go to View>Add Window to Icon Bar. I choose and icon, I enter a label and description click OK and nothing happens. I just upgraded to 2019 from 2016, it worked fine in 2016 but it is not working in 2019. Does anyone know why this isn't working?

Thanks.

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Desktop Pro 2019 Custom Icon Shortcuts

Hi azpcp,

Welcome to the Community. I'd be glad to lend a hand with your concern about adding a shortcut in QuickBooks Desktop.

Let's perform some basic troubleshooting to determine the cause of the problem with adding shortcuts. You can start by making sure your QuickBooks has the latest release.

Here are the steps:

1. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Go to the Update Now tab.
  4. Put a check mark beside Reset Update.
  5. Click Get Updates.

If you want to perform the update through the Internet, you can visit the article I recommend on this (scroll down to Option 2: Download from the Internet):

Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.

After making sure the release is up to date, please proceed with running the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility. This process will help ensure your company file is damage free.

Please follow these steps to verify data:

1. Click the File tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Verify Data.

To rebuild:

1. Click the File tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Rebuild Data.

If all fails, let's go ahead and perform a repair to your QuickBooks program. You can check out the detailed steps on the article I'm adding on this:

Fix QuickBooks Desktop (Windows).

I'll keep an eye out on how the result goes. Please know the Community is here to ensure your success.