cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Deposit - is there some sort of paperwork I can give my client?

I would like to create a report that lists all vendors with direct deposit that is set up and enabled.  How do I do that?  I only want to see vendors with direct deposit not other forms of payment.

4 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Direct Deposit - is there some sort of paperwork I can give my client?

Hello there, @RMac1.

You can open the Transaction List by Account and add the Payment Method and Name column in the report's page. I'd be delighted to help open/run the report.

To open the report:

1. Click on Report at the left pane.
  2. Look for Transaction Detail by Account.
  3. Customize the column to add the Payment Method and Name by clicking the small Gear icon beside the Export icon.b1 column.PNG
  4. To show the vendor's name, click on Customize and click on Filter. You may select the vendor name you want to add in the report (with direct deposit enabled) by clicking on the drop-down arrow.b1 vendor.PNG
  5. Click on Run report.b1 report.PNG

To learn more about customizing reports in QuickBooks Online (QBO), you can check this article: How to customize reports.

Please let me know if you need anything else and if you have any other questions about running vendor reports in QBO, I'll be happy to help you. Have a good day!

I need to run a report that just lists all vendors that have DD information on their account.  I don't need a monthly report.  I don't need the actual details for their DD.  I just need a report that lists all vendors that we have DD information for, how do I do that?

This was not what I needed for the report. I am trying to just get a list of all the vendors in our account that have DD information entered.  I do not need a monthly report and I do not need the actual DD information for their account.  All I need is a list of vendors that we can DD to pay.  How do I get that list?  It is not date specific.  Thanks.

QuickBooks Team

Hi @rmac,

Currently, a report that shows which vendors have Direct Deposit as a payment method is not available in QuickBooks.

As a workaround, you would need to open an expense transaction from your vendors so you can see what payment method you assigned for them. Here’s how:

1. From the left menu, select Reports.
  2. Choose Transaction List by Vendor under Expenses and vendors.
  3. Click Customize.
  4. From the Report Period drop-down, select All Dates.
  5. Under Filter, select Expense, then Run report.
  6. Click on the amount to open the transaction.
  7. Check what payment method you used. 

From there, you would know if you’ve used a direct deposit payment method for a certain vendor.

You can also check this article for more details: How to Enter, Edit, or Delete Expenses

Please post again if you have other concerns.