cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Drill down income statement default transactions by account

I would like to change the default drill down transactions by account report to show DEBIT CREDIT BALANCE instead of Original Amount Paid Amount Balance. Is there a way to do this?

I already Memorized the report but the default drill down does not use the memorized report.

6 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Drill down income statement default transactions by account

Hello, mastergrm. 

Customizing an income statement to show Debit Credit balance is unavailable. As a workaround, you can pull up the trail balance and filter it to income and expense account. Here’s how:

1. Click Reports at the top. 
  2. Select Report Center. 
  3. Search Trail balance on the search bar. 
  4. Click Customize Report. 
  5. Go to Filers tab.
  6. Select Account then under All accounts drop down, select All income/expense accounts. 
  7. Click Ok. 

Please continue to visit us if you have other concerns about QuickBooks. 

Experienced Member

Thanks but I do not want to change the income statement. I want to change the drill down report. How do I modify a default report and keep it default?

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello mastergrm,

Thank you for getting back here in the Community. I'm here to assist you with your concern about running reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

When memorizing an income statement report, it'll only depend on the Report set upon the customization. Right now, changing the drill down is currently unavailable in the Desktop program.

For more information into memorizing reports, such as income statements, I'm adding the article I recommend on this:

Create, access and modify memorized reports.

Please be sure to let me know if there's anything else I can do regarding your report concern. The Community is always ready to help.

Experienced Member

After speaking to a quickbooks cs agent, the standard reports are different for each package. That makes little sense but it is the way it is. This should be changed but appears quickbooks has no plans to implement.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @mastergrm.

I understand how the option to change the default drill down transactions by account report would be beneficial to your business. Since this isn't available as of the moment, you may want to consider the workarounds provided by my colleagues on their posts above. 

For future reference, you can check these articles:

Please know that you're always welcome to post again if you have any other questions. We're always got your back. Have a good one. 

Experienced Member

The picture of the report shows debit/credit yet the report DOES NOT. There is no work around in a drill down except to manually change the report EVERY time you drill down an item. That should be an easy updated feature but I was told that was not being considered and if I wanted the report that is pictured, I needed to buy the Accountant edition. It is what it is but for the record, there is no work around without running the report from a memorized report instead of the drill down report.