cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing Invoices

I am getting this notice when trying to email a batch (two or three) of invoices to a customer. "Quickbooks was unable to send your form for the following reason: Your form is too large."

Nothing has changed with our invoices, so why is this notice coming up? 

3 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Emailing Invoices

Hi there, @Alison333.

For me to give you the right amount of information, may I know what QuickBooks version are you using? If you're using QuickBooks Online (QBO), you may need to clear your browser's cache, however, if you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), you need to update your QuickBooks. Allow me to help guide you how.

If you're using QBDT, you may need to update your QuickBooks. You can either update your QuickBooks manually or automatically. If you turn on Automatic Update, you're allowing QuickBooks to download the latest updates, whether or not the program is running. If you wish to turn this feature off, we recommend manually updating QuickBooks once a month.

To update QuickBooks manually by downloading from the internet:

1. Go to the Downloads & Updates page.
  2. From the Select Product drop-down, select your QuickBooks product.
  3. From the Select Version drop-down, select the appropriate version or year.
  4. Select Search.
  5. Select Get the latest updates, then Save/Save File to download the update.
  6. When the download completes, double-click to install the update. You may need to restart Windows after the installation finishes.

To update manually from within QBDT:

1. Go to the File menu, then select Close Company/Logoff. (If you open multiple company files in QuickBooks Desktop, you have to do this step for every company that is open.)
  2. Go back to the File menu, then select Exit.
  3. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop, then select Run as administrator.
  4. While on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu then choose Update QuickBooks...
  5. Go to the Options tab, then select Mark All. Select Save.
  6. Go to the Update Now tab, then mark the Reset Update box.
  7. Select Get Updates button.
  8. When Update Complete appears, close QuickBooks Desktop.
  9. Reopen QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the message to install update, select Yes.
  10. When the installation is complete, restart your computer.

To learn more, you may check this article: Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.

If you're using QBO, you can clear the cache of the regular browser you're using. For the detailed instructions, you may check it here: Clear Cache.

I'm always here to help you if you have any other questions about sending batch invoices. Have a good day ahead!

I have Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2018. I tried your backup suggestion. I tried to email two invoices(batch) and I still get the following message:

"Quickbooks was unable to send your form for the following reason:

Your form is too large. Try decreasing the form size by using a standart Intuit template or replacing or removing any large image."  We haven't changed anything on our invoice so I don't understand why I am suddenly getting this message. Do I need to send each one individually from now on?

Any solution? Thanks

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Alison333.

Thank you for adding a reply. I'd be happy to help send your form or email invoices successfully.

To send your invoice successfully, you may need to reduce/adjust the text you use in your forms and remove any large image added. If the same thing happens, I recommend un-installing and re-installing your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

Before uninstalling your QBDT, please make sure to have your QuickBooks Desktop download file or your installation CD and license numbers available and back up your company file to avoid data loss.

To uninstall QBDT, you may check this article for the detailed instructions: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.

Once done, reinstall your QuickBooks.

If the issue persists, I suggest getting in touch with our Support Team to check and investigate this further for you. Our Support Team will be able to access your account securely and has the extra tools like screen sharing session to verify this further.

Please feel free to click the Reply button if you have any other QuickBooks questions. I'll be happy to help you!