cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpittard
Level 1

Financial Reports and Reporting Features

I have tried every business overview report, and I cannot customize the way we need it for our board.  I need to show the current month compared to budget plus YTD comparied to YTD budget with one column for the annual budget.  We need to see where we are and how much we have left, each month.  I'm able to view current to budget and YTD to budget and current to YTD, but I can't seem to add a column that shows current plus YTD plus budget.  We had this in Desktop, and we just changed to QBO for multiple users.  Please HELP!

3 Comments 3
Rustler
Level 15

QBO reporting leaves something to be desired

you will have to get the reports you can get, export all to excel and format it there

lpittard
Level 1

Yes, that was experience 3 years ago, and I was afraid that was still the case.  I don't understand why they can't offer the same reports as on desktop.  I figured I could put in Excel and format, but who has time for the extra steps?  Thanks.

SaraEMc
Level 1

Hi lpittard.  I've had the exact same problem as you're describing.  I agree that QBD has better reporting capabilities than QBO, but I've even had some limitations with the QBD "canned" and custom reports.  Since I do a significant amount of financial reporting for multiple clients, I chose to invest in a report writing software that pulls data directly from your QBD or QBO files directly into Excel without exporting.  There are a handful of software programs out there that will do this.  Depending on the size of your business (mine is small - it's just me!), it can be an expensive outlay of cash upfront, but I can personally attest that the amount of time it has saved me on the back end more than pays for it.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us