cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lico
Level 1

Footer area of financial reports is too small - How do I add safeharbor language to the financial reports in the footer?

I would like to add 3-4 lines of text in the footer area of financial reports.  However, the QB footer is 1 line.  How can I increase footer space, or is there a work around?  I tried exporting file to exel, but there must be an easier way?  I hope?

5 Comments 5
FritzF

Footer area of financial reports is too small - How do I add safeharbor language to the financial reports in the footer?

Hello there, @lico.

It's nice to see you here in the Community. I can share some information about the report that you'd like to pull up in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

At this time, QBDT doesn't have the option to add a safe harbor language in the footer area of the financial reports, as well as an extra 3-4 lines. You can export it to Excel and customize it there as a workaround.

Here's how:

1. Pull up any financial reports by going to the Reports menu, then Company & Financial on the drop-down.
2. Click the Excel option at the top, then select Create New Worksheet.

39.PNG

For future reference, you can also check out this article for more information: Customize company and financial reports.

That should answer your question for today. Please let me know how it goes or if you have any follow-up concerns. I'm always here if you need further assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success!

lico
Level 1

Thanks FritzF for your welcoming message.

Unfortunately, Excel also has footer limitations. 

My workaround so far is to save the QB report as a pdf file, then convert to MS Word doc, then insert footer.  Its not perfect because the QB file saved as a pdf doesn't cleanly convert to a Word doc.  Some formatting problems occur, mostly lines.  Some lines I can't delete.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @lico.

Let me help share additional information about financial reports in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

The smaller the report, the more space you can add on the paper. Since the information or adding a safe harbor language in the footer area of the financial reports is unable to fit within QBDT, you may try adding it outside QuickBooks by exporting the report. 

On the other hand, you may also try adjusting the resolution of the report.

To learn more about QBDT reports, you may check this article: Understand reports.

Our doors are always open here in the Community, don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other QuickBooks concerns. Have a great day ahead!

KarenCPA5500
Level 1

I am trying to convert my firm from another software to Quickbooks, but we issue financials and need the footer to accommodate SSSARS 21 language.  This has been an issue for a few years now.  Can Quickbooks PLEASE do something to make it easy for accountants to just "hit the print button" by expanding that footer?  My coworkers are reluctant to convert to Excel then change it every month, so we are still half in, half out.

MaryLandT

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @KarenCPA5500.

This is part of the QuickBooks Desktop limitations. What I can suggest for now is to look for available application that helps expand the footer on your financial reports.

You can find the app through this link: https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home.

I appreciate your patience and understanding. If there's anything else you need, please let us know. The Intuit Community is always around whenever you need help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us