cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNT BALANCE REPORT

When I run a quick report on my Jobs in Progress account and filter to include all accounts I get a listing of all accounts, even those with a total balance of $0.  Is there a way to only include the accounts that are still showing a balance in the account?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNT BALANCE REPORT

Hello @DJohnson2!

Currently, there isn't an option to filter your reports to exclude all zero balance accounts.

In the meantime, you can filter your reports with non-zero balance accounts by selecting them manually.

Let me show you how:

1. Go to Reports.
  2. Select a category of your reports.
  3. Choose a report that you wanted to customize and open it.
  4. Hit Customize Report.
  5. Under the Filters tab, select Account.
  6. For the Account drop-down menu, choose Multiple accounts.
  7. Select all your non-zero balance accounts.
  8. Click OK and then OK.

Once completed, you can now have a report showing all accounts with non-zero balance.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about customizing your reports: Customize Reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please let me know if you need any other help in customizing your reports. I'll be always around to share my expertise and lend you a hand.

Sorry, I was unable to get this to work.  When I choose multiple accounts, it comes up with the chart of accounts, not my customer accounts.

QuickBooks Team

Good day, DJohnson2.

Allow me to chime in and share some information about the report. 

The General Ledger report in QuickBooks Desktop shows you the activity in your accounts from the Chart of Accounts over a specific period of time for each account.

For more in-depth information about the report, you can check out these articles:

This answer should point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have further questions about the general ledger report. I'm always here to help.