cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brittanynaturalf
Level 1

How can I change the column widths on Sales tab and save them - I should not have to manually change the width everytime

13 Comments 13
JenoP

How can I change the column widths on Sales tab and save them - I should not have to manually change the width everytime

Hi there, brittanynaturalf.

For now, there's no option to permanently re-size the columns in the Sales menu as well as in the All Sales tab.

Our product engineers would like to hear your thoughts about being able to save the changes made to the columns in the Sales menu/tab. Just go to the Gear icon and click Feedback

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. 

srmoon
Level 2

We have the same problem, the columns are changing size in our Inventory register. Any fix for that as yet?

Thank you!

FritzF

Hello there, @srmoon.

Thanks for joining this conversation. I'm here to help fix the issue you're having with your register in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

I checked if there's an ongoing issue about the register's column size changing but there isn't currently one. To isolate this, logging into your QBO account using a different or a private browser. There are times that the browser is full of frequently accessed page resources, thus causing some errors and/or unusual responses.

To use a private browser, here's how:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + N (Google Chrome).
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Firefox or Internet Explorer).
  • Control + Option + P (Safari).

Once logged in, go back to your inventory register to check the column sizes. If everything looks fine, return to your default browser and perform clear cache to remove temporary internet files on your computer. Before doing so, make sure to take note of your saved passwords and URLs.

That's it! Let me know how it goes in the comment section below. I want to make sure this is fixed. I'm always here should you have any follow-up questions or concern. Take care!

srmoon
Level 2

I'm sorry, I should have clarified, I'm using QB's Pro 2016 for Desktop. Is there an issue with that version? 

Thank you!

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @srmoon.

Thanks for coming back and for providing you QuickBooks version. I want to make sure this concern gets taken care of.

I pulled up my Inventory register and tried moving the columns, however, I could not. Since you referenced that they changed sizes, we’ll try performing some basic troubleshooting to fix the problem.

You can start by running the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool. This will resolve any data damage to your company file. Here’s how:

Rebuild Data:
1.    Go to the File menu.
2.    Choose Utilities, then select Rebuild Data.
3.    Select OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
4.    Follow the prompt to save a backup.
5.    When you see Rebuild has completed, click OK.

Verify Data:
1.    Go to the File menu.
2.    Choose Utilities, then select Verify Data.
3.    If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, click OK. You can continue using the company file.
4.    If Verify finds an issue with your data, you’ll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
5.    Select Close.

For more information about resolving data damage in a company file, take a look at this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Resolve-data-damage-on-your-company-f....

That should do it. Give this a try and let me know how it goes. If you need further assistance working with QuickBooks, leave a reply below. I'm always here to help. Wishing you the best!

Spinky
Level 2

Just one more reason why Quickbooks and Intuit as a company is a piece of crap. Software has been around for 20 years and they can't even let the user adjust the column width. I have software I paid $40 for that will let me do that. Just keep sitting on your laurels and eventually someone will come along and knock the king out of his chair. And I for one, can't wait.

WtNEW
Level 2

From the chart of accounts, every time I click away from it, the columns go back to a ridiculous size! I should not have to resize the column every time I come back to it

WtNEW
Level 2

My thoughts are that it is unacceptable.  Any window, any time I click away, I have to resize upon returning.  It isn't just a bit off but only shows 2 columns on the whole page.

WtNEW
Level 2

I am using QB desktop and tried all of the "fixes"  Nothing keeps the column widths that I set before clicking a line item.  

WtNEW
Level 2

This issue has nothing to do with opening a company file or rebuilding data! 

For Instance, in Excel, if you double click the separating line of the column header it automatically adjusts the column width to the minimum necessary and STAYS!

No matter what else you click, or change or go to, IT STAYS THAT WIDTH! 

Not too much to ask from a managed prescription software!

SashaMC

Thank you for chiming in on the thread, WtNEW. The option to customize your chart of accounts column and set it as a default is currently unavailable. What I do recommend is submitting feedback to our Product Developers to add this feature. Our engineers look forward to seeing customer suggestions to enhance the program for future updates. Here's how:

1. Go to the Help tab, then select Send Feedback Online.
  2. Choose Product Suggestion.
  3. Enter your suggestions.
  4. Click Send Feedback.

Leave me a reply below if there's anything I can assist you with. Please know that the Community is always here to help. Take care.

GatorJaguar
Level 1

When I open chart of accounts, first column is too wide and the next two columns are to narrow such that you can not read the contents (Type column and Balance total column). I have to adjust the column widths every time i call up Chart of Accounts. Can I fix this issues so the column widths will be the way I want them every time I open chart of accounts?

LieraMarie_A
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @GatorJaguar.

I'm delighted to help you today with this column width issue you have in your Chart of Accounts (COA). Allow me to share some basic troubleshooting to help isolate this unusual behavior.

Issues like this are usually the result of outdated or corrupt cache files in your web browser. Let's try accessing your account through an incognito window to rule out the possibility of a webpage issue. You can refer to these shortcut keys to open an incognito window in all supported browsers:

• Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+N
  • Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+P
  • Safari: Command+Shift+N

Log in to your account and go to your COA. If it looks fine, I recommend clearing the cache of your regular browser so you can access QuickBooks with a clean slate. You may also use a different supported one.

Otherwise, if you're still having the same issue, I suggest contacting our Customer Care Support team. This way, they can take note of your case and raise a ticket for further investigation if needed.

Please come back in the Community and let me know the result after the troubleshooting. I'm determined to help you succeed.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us