cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How can I run a Customer Report that filters the TOTAL purchases amount?

I want to run a Customer report that filters out the total purchases amount for each customer (above a certain dollar amount), but I do not want to filter out individual transaction amounts. 

For example, I'd like to see which customers have spent (overall) $5,000 and above, but I do not want to filter out individual transactions amounts - I need to see their total overall purchase amounts.  When I filter the amount, it affects individual transactions, and this throws off the report.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How can I run a Customer Report that filters the TOTAL purchases amount?

Hello there, @BintheMTNS,

You can pull up the Committed Costs by Job report to see the total purchase amounts for each customer. While we're unable to filter its individual amounts for the transaction, you can export this report to Excel. From there, you can delete other columns.

Here's how to accomplish this task:

1. Click the Reports menu.
  2. Select Jobs, Time & Mileage, then Committed Costs by Jobcostjob1.PNG
  3. Click Excel, then select Create New WorkSheet from the drop-down list.
  4. Delete other columns and remain the Act. Cost column for the total purchase amount. costjob2.PNG

To learn more about customizing reports in QuickBooks Desktop, you can go through this article: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please know you can always leave a comment anytime you need a hand with QuickBooks. Thank you and have a great day ahead.