cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can i open and upload to my quickbook desktop an email with an qbb extension?

i would like to import and upload to my quickbook account a filed sent  to me by one of my clients. The file was send by email with an qbb extension

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How can i open and upload to my quickbook desktop an email with an qbb extension?

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @Marielastable.

It's my pleasure to help import and upload a QBB file into QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

A backup file will have the extension QBB. To upload/restore the file into QBDT:

1. Go to File at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Open or Restore Company.
  3. In the Open or Restore Company, click on Restore a backup copy.
  4. Click on Next.
  5. Select Local Backup, then select Next.
  6. From the Look In drop-down, choose the location of the backup file.
  7. Select the backup file from the folder. The file name should appear as [Company Name].qbb.
  8. Select Open. Then select Next.
  9. From the Save in drop-down, choose the location where you want to save the restored file.
  10. In the File name field, type a new file name. The Save as type field will automatically populate QuickBooks Files (*.QBW).
  11. Select Save.
  12. Carefully read and respond to any messages that appear before restoration begins. 

You can check this article for additional reference: Restore a backup of your company file.

Please know that I'm always here to help if you have any other QuickBooks concerns, just add a post/comment below. Have a great day ahead!